Director of Marketing & Growth
Marketing | San Francisco, CA
San Francisco, CA; possibly NYC for the right candidate
TastemakerX is seeking a Marketing and Growth specialist to join our team. This position is based in San Francisco, CA but could be NYC based if you are the right person. This position reports to the Co-Founder & Chief Product Officer and will play a key role directing product development strategy.
You will own the strategy, planning and execution of User Acquisition and Activation campaigns.
- Developing cross-channel User Acquisition, Activation, and Retention integrated marketing programs
- Analyzing and quantifying the performance of integrated marketing programs through the appropriate combination of: Conversion/Funnel Analysis & Optimization, A/B & Multivariate testing, SEO/SEM, PPC/CPI Marketing, Email marketing
- Developing success metrics for programs and tests, developing actionable recommendations, and integrating learnings into future strategies.
- Distilling and providing insights for the rest of the management team
- Manage the consumer marketing budget
- Manage the ongoing consumer communication strategy – Email, social media and online marketing
- Create data-driven, dynamic email campaigns and tests that deliver against ROI targets through a highly segmented user base
- Manage the execution of email campaigns, including creative development, segmentation and data processing, testing, deployment, and reporting
User Acquisition and analytics expert with a strong focus on highly-measurable marketing tactics and creative executions.
- Strong knowledge of social media marketing
- Background in web development, product design, and product management.
- Solid mathematical abilities and ability to read and process data, to identify gaps and opportunities, and turn those learnings into actionable plans
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively and confidently with users, team members and management
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends
- Extensive experience with search and email marketing campaigns and tactics, with at least 3-5 years experience in building such marketing programs from concept to completion.
- Are well-versed in Google AdWords, Analytics, and various other tools (such as MixPanel, Optimizely/VWO, Intercom)
- Have a creative eye toward first-rate email design
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution, preferably in Math, Business, Finance, Computer Science, or Engineering or related fields; M.S a plus
TastemakerX is a mobile social game that allows players to express musical taste by building virtual, 'followable' portfolios of the artists they love. Our mission is to connect people who love music all over the world and the artists they follow. TastemakerX is growing and needs talented, motivated people to join us in that mission.
TastemakerX is led by CEO and co-founder Marc Ruxin and CTO/CPO and co-founder Sandro Pugliese. We are backed by Guggenheim Ventures, Baseline, True Ventures, Tekton Ventures, and AOL Ventures; and investors and advisors who include: John Battelle, Marc Geiger, Andrew Anker, Mich Mathews, Ted Rheingold, Paul Bricault, Ian Rogers, Mike Lazerow and others.
We're growing and are well funded and if you're interested in joining the team at TastemakerX, please send your resume, your portfolio, and a cover letter telling us what inspires you and why you think you are perfect for the team including your salary requirements.
If you contribute to an open source project, write a blog, or do something other than make things, we would love to hear about it when you write.