eCommerce Sales Associate
e-Commerce | Austin, TX | Contract
Tastemade is a global community of food lovers & travelers!
Who are we?
Would you consider yourself a food & travel lover? Do you get excited about bringing people together over a great meal? Does the idea of working at a company that is changing the way the world makes, watches and engages with video make you giddy? If you answered yes to all of these questions, then keep reading!
Tastemade is a global community of food lovers & travelers on a mission to connect the world through video. In just a few years our community has grown to over 200 million people watching our videos across a huge range of channels, devices and apps, from the web to Apple TV, Facebook, and Snapchat.
We are looking for passionate people who want to change the world and make a difference. People that are driven to disrupt the status quo and not looking for just another job.
Tastemade is looking for a Sales Associate who is passionate about product, driven, and thrives in the sales process and closing brand-right deals. We are looking for individuals who appreciate a challenging, fast-paced work environment and are eager to learn. This person will be a critical part of a dynamic team of enthusiastic entrepreneurs responsible for building Tastemade’s rapidly growing eCommerce business.
The Sales Associate will work closely with the merchandising team to identify brands and products that represent the Tastemade brand and voice in the food, travel, home and design categories.
What you’ll do:
● Work with the merchandising team to identify and aggressively negotiate and secure new brands to support our growing e-commerce assortment (wholesale and drop ship).
● Curate the merchandise assortment with an eye for product that aligns with the Tastemade brand and our customers and is effective in video across our network.
● Develop and maintain strong partnerships with new & existing brands. Actively support them with data and analysis to continually grow the business.
● Work cross-functionally with merchandising, brand sales, marketing, and operations teams to ensure that key product and brand attributes are communicated consistently and effectively across the Tastemade platform.
● Partner with the merchandising team on building strategy for category growth and new category opportunities.
● Help make key category decisions and influence how we build the business/company
What you’ll bring:
● 2-4+ years of retail experience, retail buying, retail sales, or brand-focused digital agency media planning/sales.
● A passion for sales and love of food, travel, home and design products.
● Professional demeanor and conduct at all times. You will often be the first contact between Tastemade and vendors.
● Demonstrated success in exceeding sales/revenue goals.
● Proficient in productivity tools including Microsoft Office and / or Google Apps.
● Strong communication skills both verbal and written, strong cross-functional collaboration skills required.
● Strong organizational skills.
● Fast learner. Ability to work in a high-energy, fast paced environment.
● Marketplace and/or account management experience a plus.
*Please Note: This is a contract position to start with the opportunity to convert to full-time.