Assistant Food Editor (Freelance)
Production | Santa Monica, CA | Temporary
Tastemade is a global community of food lovers & travelers!
Who are we?
Would you consider yourself a food & travel lover? Do you get excited about bringing people together over a great meal? Does the idea of working at a company that is changing the way the world makes, watches and engages with video make you giddy? If you answered yes to all of these questions, then keep reading!
Tastemade is a global community of food lovers & travelers on a mission to connect the world through video. In just a few years our community has grown to over 200 million people watching our videos across a huge range of channels, devices and apps, from the web to Apple TV, Facebook, and Snapchat.
We are looking for passionate people who want to change the world and make a difference. People that are driven to disrupt the status quo and not looking for just another job.
We're currently looking to hire a Freelance Assistant Food Editor.
- Develop, write, test, and style (on camera) 6-8 recipes for 1-2 shoots days per week
- Write descriptions and copy for your recipes to be posted across all Tastemade platforms
- Collaborate with Directors of Photography to produce visually stunning work
- Closely monitor food trends, develop content around them, and analyze the results of your work
- Ensure compliance with health regulations in accordance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety guidelines
- Maintain and update recipe tracking spreadsheet
- Must love food!
- Keen eye for color, composition and design
- Food styling experience preferred
- Meticulous and detail oriented
- A dedication to quality, taste and precision
- An open minded and flexible person - open to new ideas and new processes
- Ability take direction and work with multiple teams in a fast paced environment
- Some experience with using Gmail and Google Docs
Please provide a portfolio or any examples of work, i.e written recipes, photo/videos of styled recipes, etc.
*Please Note: This position will be filled on a day-rate basis with potential to turn into a longer-term opportunity.