Technology Operations | New York, NY | Full Time
The System Administrator will work as part of the Technology Operations team supporting the IT infrastructure in the office and our three data center locations. This person will be mainly responsible for supporting LANs, internet, server infrastructure, SAN/NAS, software deployment, security updates and patches, data center operations, VMware administration, etc.
- Install, maintain, upgrade, and troubleshoot internal office network, VPN, and other security related products.
- Responsible for the installation, configuration, maintenance, and support of server operating systems (MS Windows & Linux), virtual server environments, software packages, and underlying network systems company wide.
- Setup email accounts, intranet accounts, Active Directory user accounts and distribution lists, etc. for new employees.
- Manage anti-virus and backup systems.
- Responsible for managing the SAN/NAS and other storage systems.
- Manage technical projects for system/network installations/deployments, OS and software upgrades, and other significant changes in infrastructure and/or configuration.
- Install, support and maintain PC hardware including desktops, notebooks, monitors, printers and audiovisual equipment (20% responsibility shared with Desktop Support role).
- Document processes, procedures and issue resolutions.
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure effective and efficient operation of the Information Systems department.
- Maintain Software and Hardware inventory for the data center.
- Provide support for Android and iOS devices.
- Participate in after-hours upgrades and troubleshooting as needed.
- Provide 24x7 on call rotation support for all supported technologies and be available in the rare case of a off-hours problem.
- Interface with vendors and secondary support as necessary.
- Deliver a high degree of customer service to end-users.
- May perform other duties as requested.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field
- Must have at least 2 years of experience working in a similar role
- Excellent verbal/written communications skills and strong interpersonal skills to interact professionally and courteously with end-users and co-workers
- Stays current with system information, changes and updates in the field
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- CCNA, MCSE or MCITP is a plus
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States
- Lifting a minimum of 20 lbs. is required
Taskstream-Tk20 & LiveText provides user-friendly technology and supporting services to help colleges and universities gather, organize, and use better data to improve student learning and program quality. The company works with more than 1,000 institutions worldwide and has served more than 2.6 million all-time users.