Marketing & Events Intern
Marketing | New York, NY | Internship
COVER LETTER REQUIRED
Taskstream-Tk20, a fast-growing education technology company, is seeking a Marketing & Events Intern to join the team in New York City. This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in marketing and events - we participate in 30 trade shows, host a user conference, and support several regional and special events each year. You’ll also gain exposure to other areas of marketing such as demand generation, social media, content marketing, and digital marketing.
This position is ideal for current university students in their Junior or Senior year who are extremely organized and have a strong interest in learning more about and gaining hands-on experience in marketing and events management. We are looking for someone who is detail oriented, motivated, eager to learn, and a team player.
You will be joining a team that is enthusiastic, collaborative, and always willing to lend a hand to help interns learn and gain experience.
As the Marketing & Events Intern, you will:
- Assist with logistics related to trade shows, such as:
- Ordering/preparing/shipping supplies
- Creating handouts and flyers
- Compiling and sharing conference details with internal representatives
- Help with planning and promoting our annual conference and other special events
- Maintain inventory of promotional items and supplies
- Research suitable vendors and place orders for event supplies and/or promotional materials
- Review and submit weekly/monthly expenses
- Help with additional projects as needed
- Keen attention to detail and a high level of organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to learn new technologies and applications with ease
- Ability to function effectively both independently and as a member of a team
- Strong in Excel
Duration: Spring internship with the opportunity to extend to Summer
Hours: Average work week is 20-25 hours with start date in early January, 2018.
*dates and hours maybe flexible upon offer and acceptance
Compensation: This is a paid internship
To apply, please submit the following information to Shelley Xue:
- Cover Letter
- Potential start date and schedule / availability
Taskstream-Tk20 provides user-friendly technology and supporting services to help colleges and universities gather, generate, and use better data to improve student learning and program quality. The company works with more than 800 institutions worldwide and has served more than 2.6 million all-time users.
Approximately 200 employees work at Taskstream-Tk20 with offices across New York City, Austin, TX, La Grange, IL, and Chandigarh, India.
You can find out more by visiting: www.taskstream.com