Staff Machine Learning Engineer
Data Science/Analytics | Prague, Prague, Czech Republic | Full Time
Position Title: Staff Machine Learning Engineer
Tapjoy is a mobile advertising and monetization platform whose unique Mobile Value Exchange model allows users to select personalized advertisements with which to engage for virtual rewards or premium content. Tapjoy helps unlock mobile joy by empowering more than one billion mobile users who choose to watch videos, subscribe to services, install applications and participate in other types of advertisements in exchange for virtual rewards they can use in their favorite apps. Tapjoy’s turnkey in-app advertising platform helps developers acquire cost-effective, high-value new users and monetize their applications, while its powerful advertising marketplace lets brand advertisers reach a global mobile audience.
We have interesting challenges at Tapjoy where marginal improvements to a model’s performance can represent huge wins for the business. As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will be leveraging our vast data set to analyse, feature extract, train, evaluate and deploy new models, as well as make improvements to existing models, both in offline and in real-time production systems.
- Apply your knowledge of machine learning, and be confident in suggesting new approaches to solve business challenges
- Collaborate with others to build data and model pipelines
- Explore large and complex datasets and determine the usefulness of the data and how it can be exploited
- Work with the product/engineering teams to implement, test and deploy new ideas
What we are looking for:
- Eager to build machine learning products and write production-level code
- Can contribute to the entire lifecycle (research, design, experimentation, development. deployment, monitoring, and maintenance)
- Comfortable developing data pipelines using large-scale data processing tools
- Strong analytical skills and high attention to details
- Willing to research and implement best practices to enhance existing machine learning infrastructure
- Keen to improve her/his own personal development, and knowledge of the industry
- B.S./M.S., in Computer Science or similar applied technical field
- Hands-on experience in Machine Learning-related industry projects
- Hands-on experience using big data processing tools (ideally Spark)
- Solid programming skills (Python, Scala or Java) or willing to pick up new languages/frameworks needed for the business
- Understand major supervised learning and unsupervised learning algorithms (Artificial/Deep Neural Networks, Boosting algorithms, Random Forest, SVM, Naive Bayes, PCA, K-means variants, etc)
Tapjoy is a leading mobile advertising and app monetization company. Our platform empowers advertisers to connect with over 1 billion monthly active users through value exchange advertising that drives awareness, engagement, and the metrics that matter most to their overall growth. Meanwhile, companies such as Scopely, Glu, Ludia, and many of the Top 200 grossing app publishers trust our platform to monetize their content, grow their audiences, and reward their users. Founded in 2007 and headquartered in San Francisco, Tapjoy is a global organization with offices in Santa Barbara, Boston, London, Beijing, Tokyo, and Seoul.
Tapjoy is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion lead to stronger, more innovative teams and better business results; we want to draw from the broadest talent pool possible and encourage qualified applicants. Tapjoy does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, color, age, sexual orientation, gender (including identity and expression), disability (mental or physical), religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification protected by applicable law; we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, and pursuant to applicable fair chance ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For more information, please visit www.tapjoy.com