Finance | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Position Title: Staff Accountant
Position Description: Tapjoy is looking for a Staff Accountant to be a vital contributor for the Revenue Team in the month-end close and day-to-day financial processes of our business. The Staff Accountant position will be tasked with a number of accounting activities including, but not limited to: customer invoicing, cash collections, bank and credit card reconciliation, accruals and monthly, quarterly and annual accounting period closings. This role will have high visibility with the Sales organization in review of customer contracts and customer payment collection resolution.
The ideal candidate for this position will have excellent organization, prioritization and communication skills. Strong attention to detail, the ability to maintain and/or improve daily operations within the Accounting department and work well under deadlines is a must. In addition, the Staff Accountant must take initiative to solve or maintain complex tasks that are routinely done with minimal direct supervision.
- General daily and monthly accounting functions, including preparing and posting journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Prepare customer invoices and enter into the accounting system.
- Work with sales teams and clients to properly process customer payments.
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies; correspond with customers and respond to inquiries.
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliation including credit card and bank reconciliation.
- Work with international sales teams to compile billable totals for Tapjoy’s analytics business.
- Review sales contracts for accuracy and feasibility as well as reasonableness of credit requests.
- Conduct monthly sales tax calculations.
- Support management with special projects, workflow process improvements, and ad hoc requests.
- 2+ years of experience working in an accounting role with a technology or other fast-paced company.
- BA/BS in Accounting, Business or other related field preferred.
- High attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills - able to communicate upwards and outwards in a deft but clear manner.
- Self-starter with the ability to strive in a fast-paced and customer service oriented environment.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proficiency with MS Excel is a must have.
- Working towards a CPA.
- Experience with Salesforce and Netsuite highly desired.
- Big 4 Accounting Firm experience.
- Knows how to throw a fun virtual happy hour
Tapjoy is a leading mobile advertising and app monetization company. Our platform empowers advertisers to connect with over 1 billion monthly active users through value exchange advertising that drives awareness, engagement, and the metrics that matter most to their overall growth. Meanwhile, companies such as Scopely, Glu, Ludia, and many of the Top 200 grossing app publishers trust our platform to monetize their content, grow their audiences, and reward their users. Founded in 2007 and headquartered in San Francisco, Tapjoy is a global organization with offices in Santa Barbara, Boston, London, Beijing, Tokyo, and Seoul.
Tapjoy is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion lead to stronger, more innovative teams and better business results; we want to draw from the broadest talent pool possible and encourage qualified applicants. Tapjoy does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, color, age, sexual orientation, gender (including identity and expression), disability (mental or physical), religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification protected by applicable law; we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, and pursuant to applicable fair chance ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For more information, please visit www.tapjoy.com