Software Engineer, Ops
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Join the Mobile Future with Tapjoy
Tapjoy is a creative workplace, comprised of people with different backgrounds, cultures, skill sets, and global perspectives. With offices all over the globe, Tapjoy provides mobile engagement and monetization services for leading advertisers and app developers. Advertisers rely on Tapjoy's diverse suite of rewarded Interplay™ ads including video and rich media to impact performance. Developers utilize our technology and mobile expertise to acquire and monetize users. The Tapjoy SDK is currently embedded in over 20,000 mobile apps, reaching 620 million monthly active users. Additionally, Tapjoy works with Fortune 500 brands and the Top 200 grossing app developers.
Here at Tapjoy, we promote a Joyful, Engaged, Trustworthy, and Innovative workplace with our company core values, and regularly celebrate and recognize the people who embody our values. Tapjoy believes its people are its greatest investments and we take extra care to support your time inside and outside of work with a multitude of benefits. In order to maintain what makes us so special here, we are committed to continued education and involvement in our community to protect and expand our one-of-a-kind workplace.
Position Title: Software Engineer, Operations
- You’ll work with a team to design, build and maintain Tapjoy’s core infrastructure.
- You’ll debug production issues at every tier of a massive distributed system, across dozens of services.
- You’ll make performance improvements to software applications, improve cache and database performance, and work with product engineering groups to reduce cost and improve the user experience of our customers.
- While you may have an area of concentration, you understand technologies throughout the software stack.
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Build and improve infrastructure management tools.
- Devise creative solutions to problems and either implement them yourself or work with other teams to do so.
- Work to improve our core platform architecture.
- Participate in an on-call rotation, roughly once every twelve weeks.
Core Competencies include:
- Container Systems - Kubernetes, Docker
- Service Orchestration Tools - Envoy, Istio
- Distributed Systems Engineering
- Performance Monitoring & Profiling
- Cloud Service Engineering - Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform
- You have a BS in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- 2+ years of related professional work experience
Tapjoy is a one-of-a-kind workplace, comprised of people with different backgrounds, cultures, skill sets and global perspectives. In order to maintain what makes us so special here, we support work-life balance both inside and outside the office in many ways.
If you want to learn about building an amazing team with industry-leading technology, you want to surround yourself with brilliant, passionate entrepreneurial teammates at Tapjoy.
Tapjoy is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion lead to stronger, more innovative teams and better business results; we want to draw from the broadest talent pool possible and encourage qualified applicants. Tapjoy does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, color, age, sexual orientation, gender (including identity and expression), disability (mental or physical), religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification protected by applicable law; we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, and pursuant to applicable fair chance ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For more information, please visit www.tapjoy.com.