Software Engineer (Java)
Data Science/Analytics | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Join the Mobile Future with Tapjoy
Tapjoy is a creative workplace, comprised of people with different backgrounds, cultures, skill sets, and global perspectives. With offices all over the globe, Tapjoy provides mobile engagement and monetization services for leading advertisers and app developers. Advertisers rely on Tapjoy's diverse suite of rewarded Interplay™ ads including video and rich media to impact performance. Developers utilize our technology and mobile expertise to acquire and monetize users. The Tapjoy SDK is currently embedded in over 20,000 mobile apps, reaching 620 million monthly active users. Additionally, Tapjoy works with Fortune 500 brands and the Top 200 grossing app developers.
Here at Tapjoy, we promote a Joyful, Engaged, Trustworthy, and Innovative workplace with our company core values, and regularly celebrate and recognize the people who embody our values. Tapjoy believes its people are its greatest investments and we take extra care to support your time inside and outside of work with a multitude of benefits. In order to maintain what makes us so special here, we are committed to continued education and involvement in our community to protect and expand our one-of-a-kind workplace.
Position Title: Software Engineer (Java)
*Please note this role is not a data scientist, but rather an engineer focused on big data that works closely with data scientists*
Tapjoy's Data Science Engineering team is seeking a talented software engineer who will work closely with Data Scientists, Data Platform, and, Ad Server Engineering teams to help scale and support Tapjoy's Optimization platform. We are looking for someone who has had experience working with vast amounts of data, scaling systems, and, supporting low-latency applications.
Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Design and build scalable, personalized ad-serving algorithm REST service API with Data Scientists
- Design and create a robust service that serves a high volume of requests
- Implement generalized a/b test frameworks to support multivariate testing covering component change/user segmentation and bucketing/meta data driven auto experiment set up, etc.
- Research and innovate on big data technical stacks (Scala/MemSQL/Aerospike/Pig/Kafka/Presto etc.)
Core Competencies include:
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals, including knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design
- You have experience with or interest in Java, and interfacing with REST APIs
- Is self-driven Is results-oriented with a high emphasis on "on-time" delivery of projects and features
- Values collaboration with various teams
- Communicates often and well about potential road blocks and tradeoffs between performance and complexity
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science 2+ years of Software Engineering experience (preferably with Java)
- Strong knowledge of data structures, SQL, software design patterns and algorithms (i.e., indexing, hash tables, joins, aggregation)
- Knowledge of low-latency, high-throughput services
- Strongly prefer someone who has had experience with big data platforms and challenges that come with large scale platforms.
- Prefer someone who understands general machine learning and data mining concepts
Tapjoy is a one-of-a-kind workplace, comprised of people with different backgrounds, cultures, skill sets and global perspectives. In order to maintain what makes us so special here, we support work-life balance both inside and outside the office in many ways.
If you want to learn about building an amazing team with industry-leading technology, you want to surround yourself with brilliant, passionate entrepreneurial teammates at Tapjoy.
Tapjoy is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion lead to stronger, more innovative teams and better business results; we want to draw from the broadest talent pool possible and encourage qualified applicants. Tapjoy does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, color, age, sexual orientation, gender (including identity and expression), disability (mental or physical), religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification protected by applicable law; we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, and pursuant to applicable fair chance ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For more information, please visit www.tapjoy.com.