Software Engineer - Data Science
Data Science/Analytics | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Tapjoy's mission is to help freemium mobile app publishers maximize their revenue. Tapjoy's personalized monetization platform for mobile apps uses market leading data science and predictive analytics to drive deeper engagement and optimized revenue from every user. Tapjoy's SDK is embedded in more than 270,000 apps globally, and its global reach is currently more than 500MM monthly active users.
Tapjoy is backed by top-tier investors, including J.P. Morgan Asset Management, Rho Ventures, North Bridge Venture Partners, InterWest Partners and D.E. Shaw Ventures. Headquartered in San Francisco, the company also has offices in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Santa Barbara, Boston, London, Beijing, Shanghai, Seoul and Tokyo.
Position Title: Staff Software Engineer - Data Analytics
Our Data Science team is seeking a talented software engineer that will work closely with an ad server platform team in order to apply Big Data points from the 1 billion mobile devices with our platform imprint. We need someone who has experiences with working in a high volume data environment. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Design and build scalable, personalized ad-serving algorithm REST service API with data-scientists
- Design and create robust service that serves high volume requests
- Implement generalized a/b test frameworks to support multivariate testing covering component change/user segmentation and bucketing/metadata driven auto experiment setup, etc.
- Orchestrate between big-data driven research and production ready engineering
- Research and develop to innovate mobile data driven approaches on top of Hadoop technical stack (Scala/MemSQL/Aerospike/Pig/Kafka/Presto etc.)
Core Competencies include:
- Results oriented engineer, being able to deliver results under pressure
- Motivated analytical mind
- Good team player
- B.S. in Computer Science with 3 years working experience, or or M.S. in Computer Science with 2 years working experience, or Phd in Computer Science.
- Minimum 1.5 years of experience with Object Oriented programming language
- Strong knowledge of key data structures and data modeling (i.e. indexing, schema design, data warehousing techniques)
- Working knowledge on Big Data platform and/or MPP systems such as Hadoop, Vertica/Redshift is highly preferred
- Strong knowledge of data structure, algorithm, software design patterns and principles (i.e., estimate tradeoffs of performance and complexity)
While we’re operating at tremendous scale, we still maintain a startup culture at Tapjoy with all of the casual, social, creative teammates you could desire, and encourage an entrepreneurial mindset where we drive innovation, continuous improvement and tremendous pride in our organization.
If you want to learn about building an amazing team with industry-leading technology, you want to surround yourself with brilliant, passionate entrepreneurial teammates at Tapjoy.
For more information, please visit www.tapjoy.com.