Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Position Title: Software Engineer
Tapjoy is looking for a Software Engineer to join the Data Platform Team. You will work on a data platform supporting hundreds of millions of consumers and thousands of partners. You will work closely with the Data Science, Business Intelligence and Devops team, managing Tapjoy's Big Data platform. You will have opportunities to learn various Big Data technologies, including Kafka, Spark, Couchbase, Google BigQuery and Airflow, and improve the pipeline and architecture of the system.
- Design and create a robust Data Processing Platform with high throughput.
- Research and innovate on Big Data platform stack (Spark, Kafka, Aerospike/CouchBase and many others).
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals: Data Structure, algorithm databases.
- Self-directed and self-driven, willing to learn new technologies quickly.
- Proficiency in Python, Java, and Scala.
- Experience and understanding of Hadoop and Spark platform.
- Test-driven development and communication skill.
- Knowledge of command line tools and the ability to assist ops when necessary.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science.
- 2+ years of Software Engineering experience.
- Experience with Big Data platforms.
- Experience with advertising industry.
Tapjoy is a leading mobile advertising and app monetization company. Our platform empowers advertisers to connect with over 1 billion monthly active users through value exchange advertising that drives awareness, engagement, and the metrics that matter most to their overall growth. Meanwhile, companies such as Scopely, Glu, Ludia, and many of the Top 200 grossing app publishers trust our platform to monetize their content, grow their audiences, and reward their users. Founded in 2007 and headquartered in San Francisco, Tapjoy is a global organization with offices in Santa Barbara, Boston, London, Beijing, Tokyo, and Seoul.
Tapjoy is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion lead to stronger, more innovative teams and better business results; we want to draw from the broadest talent pool possible and encourage qualified applicants. Tapjoy does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, color, age, sexual orientation, gender (including identity and expression), disability (mental or physical), religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification protected by applicable law; we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, and pursuant to applicable fair chance ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For more information, please visit www.tapjoy.com