Senior Software Engineer - Mobile SDK
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Join the Mobile Future with Tapjoy
Tapjoy is a creative workplace, comprised of people with different backgrounds, cultures, skill sets, and global perspectives. With offices all over the globe, Tapjoy provides mobile engagement and monetization services for leading advertisers and app developers. Advertisers rely on Tapjoy's diverse suite of rewarded Interplay™ ads including video and rich media to impact performance. Developers utilize our technology and mobile expertise to acquire and monetize users. The Tapjoy SDK is currently embedded in over 20,000 mobile apps, reaching 620 million monthly active users. Additionally, Tapjoy works with Fortune 500 brands and the Top 200 grossing app developers.
Here at Tapjoy, we promote a Joyful, Engaged, Trustworthy, and Innovative workplace with our company core values, and regularly celebrate and recognize the people who embody our values. Tapjoy believes its people are its greatest investments and we take extra care to support your time inside and outside of work with a multitude of benefits. In order to maintain what makes us so special here, we are committed to continued education and involvement in our community to protect and expand our one-of-a-kind workplace.
Position Title: Senior Software Engineer - Mobile SDK
- Collaborate with the SDK team to design and scope out upcoming features in the iOS and Android SDKs.
- Strive towards the goal that both the iOS and Android SDKs are as closely aligned to the implementation of a feature as possible.
- Write high quality and well tested code when implementing features.
- Update deployment scripts when necessary to ensure builds run efficiently and releases are prepared on time.
- Regularly update the public SDK documentation, ensuring that customers can integrate the product as quickly as possible, and continue to strive to improve it.
- Liaise with the Integrations team to ensure that the FAQ is as up to date as possible so that customer queries are dealt with in a timely fashion.
Core Competencies include:
- You have at least 3 years commercial experience building and maintaining production-ready mobile SDKs or applications in Android development.
- You are familiar with, or have a keen interest in the iOS ecosystem.
- Enjoy reviewing your peers work, either through pull requests or otherwise, and know how to establish and encourage quality code being written.
- Proficient in Git.
- Strong experience in writing clean code, carefully considering the overall design of the codebase.
- Strong experience writing unit, integration and regression tests.
- Comfortable identifying code smells, race conditions, and able to refactor code when appropriate.
- Comfortable with build tools such as Jenkins or similar.
- Able to write clear documentation of the interfaces you build and/or maintain.
- Can communicate design decisions with your colleagues in a comprehensible way.
- Familiarity of the Unity platform and building apps to Android and/or iOS. If you have built a library or framework that other developers have integrated either internally or externally.
- Have integrated a mobile advertising SDK in a previous capacity.
Tapjoy is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion lead to stronger, more innovative teams and better business results; we want to draw from the broadest talent pool possible and encourage qualified applicants. Tapjoy does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, color, age, sexual orientation, gender (including identity and expression), disability (mental or physical), religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification protected by applicable law; we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, and pursuant to applicable fair chance ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For more information, please visit www.tapjoy.com.