Senior Software Engineer - Data Science
Data Science/Analytics | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Tapjoy's Maximum Impact PlatformTM provides mobile engagement and monetization services for leading advertisers and app developers. Advertisers rely on Tapjoy's diverse suite of rewarded InterplayTM ads including video and rich media to impact performance. Developers utilize our technology and mobile expertise to acquire and monetize users. The Tapjoy SDK is currently embedded in over 15,000 mobile apps, reaching 520 million monthly active users. A 2016 comScoreTM study confirmed Tapjoy Interplay® ads deliver an unprecedented 3x lift across all brand metrics. The company works with Fortune 500 brands and the Top 200 grossing app developers. Founded in 2007, Tapjoy is a global organization with more than a dozen offices worldwide and is headquartered in San Francisco.
Tapjoy is backed by top-tier investors, including J.P. Morgan Asset Management, Rho Ventures, North Bridge Venture Partners, InterWest Partners and D.E. Shaw Ventures. Headquartered in San Francisco, the company also has offices in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Santa Barbara, Boston, London, Beijing, Shanghai, Seoul and Tokyo.
Position Title: Senior Software Engineer - Data Science
Our Data Science team is seeking a talented software engineer that will work closely with an ad server platform team in order to apply Big Data points from the 1 billion mobile devices with our platform imprint. We need someone who has experiences with working in a high volume data environment. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Design and build scalable, personalized ad-serving algorithm REST service API with data-scientists
- Design and create robust service that serves high volume requests
- Implement generalized a/b test frameworks to support multivariate testing covering component change/user segmentation and bucketing/meta data driven auto experiment set up, etc.
- Statistical driven or Machine Learning / Deep Learning driven model building, feature selection and/or Feature Engineering skillss is prefered.
- Research and develop to innovate mobile data driven approaches on top of Hadoop technical stacks (Scala/MemSQL/Aerospike/Pig/Kafka/Presto etc.)
Core Competencies include:
- Results oriented engineer, being able to deliver results under pressure
- Motivated analytical mind
- Value teamwork is important
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Object Oriented programming language
- Strong knowledge of data structure, algorithm, software design patterns and principles (i.e., estimate tradeoffs of performance and complexity)
- Expert knowledge of key data structures and algorithms (i.e., indexing, hash tables, joins, aggregation)
- Knowledge of RESTFUL service based development
- 3+ years of experience in a high volume data environment
- Experience on Big Data platform and/or MPP systems such as Hadoop, Vertica/Redshift is highly preferred
- Experience with algorithm; understand general machine learning/data mining concepts is preferred
While we’re operating at tremendous scale, we still maintain a startup culture at Tapjoy with all of the casual, social, creative teammates you could desire, and encourage an entrepreneurial mindset where we drive innovation, continuous improvement and tremendous pride in our organization.
If you want to learn about building an amazing team with industry-leading technology, you want to surround yourself with brilliant, passionate entrepreneurial teammates at Tapjoy.
Tapjoy is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion lead to stronger, more innovative teams and better business results; we want to draw from the broadest talent pool possible and encourage qualified applicants. Tapjoy does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, color, age, sexual orientation, gender (including identity and expression), disability (mental or physical), religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification protected by applicable law; we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, and pursuant to applicable fair chance ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For more information, please visit www.tapjoy.com.