Senior Software Engineer
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Join the Mobile Future with Tapjoy
Tapjoy is a creative workplace, comprised of people with different backgrounds, cultures, skill sets, and global perspectives. With offices all over the globe, Tapjoy provides mobile engagement and monetization services for leading advertisers and app developers. Advertisers rely on Tapjoy's diverse suite of rewarded Interplay™ ads including video and rich media to impact performance. Developers utilize our technology and mobile expertise to acquire and monetize users. The Tapjoy SDK is currently embedded in over 20,000 mobile apps, reaching 620 million monthly active users. Additionally, Tapjoy works with Fortune 500 brands and the Top 200 grossing app developers.
Here at Tapjoy, we promote a Joyful, Engaged, Trustworthy, and Innovative workplace with our company core values, and regularly celebrate and recognize the people who embody our values. Tapjoy believes its people are its greatest investments and we take extra care to support your time inside and outside of work with a multitude of benefits. In order to maintain what makes us so special here, we are committed to continued education and involvement in our community to protect and expand our one-of-a-kind workplace.
Position Title: Senior Software Engineer
- Join a team working on exciting large scale projects.
- Work with the newest technologies across the stack including gRPC, Docker compose, Kubernetes, Go, Elixir, React etc.
- Collaborate and discuss ideas on best practices across both the tech and product stacks.
- Present new ideas to the team based on your previous experiences and mold the way the initiative develops
- Worked on or help design scalable services
- Build features and solve problems that span the full technology stack
- Build features that will be rolled out to large number of users.
- Work on solving issues of scale in a distributed computing environment.
- Collaborate with peers to write, review, or provide feedback on technical design proposals.
- You have curiosity about how things work.
- You've been building web applications professionally for 3+ years and can point to things you've worked on.
- You have experience with functional or imperative programming languages -- e.g. Go, Ruby etc.
- You write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- You know how the web works.
- You know HTTP and what a good API looks like.
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages.
- When things break, you are eager and able to help fix things.
- You are someone that others enjoy working with due to your technical competence and positive attitude.
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or related technical field)
- 3+ yrs of relevant work experience in a professional setting
- Prior experience with or knowledge of large scale, high volume systems
- Experience in a startup environment
Tapjoy is a one-of-a-kind workplace, comprised of people with different backgrounds, cultures, skill sets and global perspectives. In order to maintain what makes us so special here, we support work-life balance both inside and outside the office in many ways.
If you want to learn about building an amazing team with industry-leading technology, you want to surround yourself with brilliant, passionate entrepreneurial teammates at Tapjoy.
Tapjoy is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion lead to stronger, more innovative teams and better business results; we want to draw from the broadest talent pool possible and encourage qualified applicants. Tapjoy does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, color, age, sexual orientation, gender (including identity and expression), disability (mental or physical), religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification protected by applicable law; we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, and pursuant to applicable fair chance ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For more information, please visit www.tapjoy.com.