Senior Software Engineer (Back-end)
Data Science/Analytics | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Position Title: Senior Software Engineer (Back-end)
Position Description / Responsibilities:
Tapjoy is seeking a Senior Engineer in our Data Science group who will work closely with Data Scientists, Data Platform, and Ad Server Engineering teams to help productionalize, scale, and support Tapjoy's Optimization platform. We are looking for someone who has had experience working with vast amounts of data, scaling systems, and, supporting low-latency applications.
- Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Design and build scalable, personalized ad-serving algorithm REST service API with Data Scientists Design and create a robust service that serves a high volume of requests
- Implement generalized a/b test frameworks to support multivariate testing covering component change/user segmentation and bucketing / metadata driven auto experiment set up, etc.
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals, including knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design
- You have strong SQL understanding and some data analysis experience.
- You have experience with or interest in Java, and interfacing with REST APIs Is self-directed and self-driven Is results-oriented with a high emphasis on "on-time" delivery of projects and features
- Values collaboration with various teams and stakeholders highly
- Communicates often and well about potential roadblocks and tradeoffs between performance and complexity
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science
- 3+ years of Software Engineering experience (preferably with Java)
- Strong knowledge of data structures, SQL, software design patterns and algorithms (i.e., indexing, hash tables, joins, aggregation)
- Knowledge of low-latency, high-throughput services
- Strongly prefer someone who has had experience with big data platforms and challenges that come with large scale platforms.
- Prefer someone who understands general machine learning and data mining concepts
- Experience with advertising industry is a big plus
Tapjoy is a leading mobile advertising and app monetization company. Our platform empowers advertisers to connect with over 975 million monthly active users through value exchange advertising that drives awareness, engagement and the metrics that matter most to their overall growth. Meanwhile, companies such as Scopely, Crowdstar, Topps and many of the Top 200 grossing app publishers trust our platform to monetize their content, grow their audiences and reward their users. Founded in 2007 and headquartered in San Francisco, Tapjoy is a global organization with more than a dozen offices worldwide.
Tapjoy is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion lead to stronger, more innovative teams and better business results; we want to draw from the broadest talent pool possible and encourage qualified applicants. Tapjoy does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, color, age, sexual orientation, gender (including identity and expression), disability (mental or physical), religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification protected by applicable law; we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, and pursuant to applicable fair chance ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For more information, please visit www.tapjoy.com.