Senior Software Engineer (Back End)
Engineering | Cambridge, MA | Full Time
Position Title: Senior Software Engineer (Back End)
Position Description:You’re excited about developing and delivering web, mobile, and video experiences supporting hundreds of millions of consumers and thousands of partners. While you understand technologies up and down the software stack, you are inspired by backend integrations and systems. You’re an effective collaborator, working closely with product management, data science and operational teams in a fast moving industry to bring innovative products from concept to delivery on millions of devices with measurable benefits. You find learning and developing new technologies thrilling and engaging. You’re excited to mentor and teach other engineers because you love to share knowledge. You know how to balance trade offs between perfecting design and speed of delivery and are passionate to constantly rethink and improve elegant workflows.
- Full stack software development: Ruby, Rails, Scala, REST, Distributed System, Kafka, Spark
- Data Storage: MySQL, MemSQL, Couchbase, Google BigQuery
Reporting: GraphQL, React.js
- Cloud services: AWS, EC2, SQS, S3
- Core financial data pipeline for processing all ad transactions.
- Instrumenting and analyzing data in BigQuery (and other tools) at large scale to measure the results of deployed code.
- Collaborating with industry partners to build and deliver evolving systems for mobile advertising.
- Envisioning, designing and developing backend solutions to enable rapid and reliable delivery of interactive consumer mobile ad experiences.
- Developing in a Ruby on Rails server application running on billions of mobile devices.
- You have a BS in Computer Science (or related field).
- Bachelor's + 4 years or Master's + 2 years of work experience in a professional setting.
- You ideally have experience with web stacks under scale.
Tapjoy is a leading mobile advertising and app monetization company. Our platform empowers advertisers to connect with over 1 billion monthly active users through value exchange advertising that drives awareness, engagement, and the metrics that matter most to their overall growth. Meanwhile, companies such as Scopely, Glu, Ludia, and many of the Top 200 grossing app publishers trust our platform to monetize their content, grow their audiences, and reward their users. Founded in 2007 and headquartered in San Francisco, Tapjoy is a global organization with offices in Santa Barbara, Boston, London, Beijing, Tokyo, and Seoul.
Tapjoy is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion lead to stronger, more innovative teams and better business results; we want to draw from the broadest talent pool possible and encourage qualified applicants. Tapjoy does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, color, age, sexual orientation, gender (including identity and expression), disability (mental or physical), religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification protected by applicable law; we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, and pursuant to applicable fair chance ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For more information, please visit www.tapjoy.com