Senior Product Manager (Data Science)
Product/Design Management | Austin, TX | Full Time
Position Title: Senior Product Manager (Data Science)
We are growing the Advertising Products Team. This product leader will be focused on building the personalized bidding and optimization models that power our advertising products. The challenges you’ll tackle on these products will include:
- Becoming deeply familiar with our data platform, machine learning models and business intelligence products.
- Defining how we measure the performance of our data science models, what data we use, and using that data to drive growth and customer satisfaction.
- Partnering with cross-functional teams including data engineering, data science, business intelligence, sales, marketing, and customer service to manage complex, cross-functional projects
- Providing data driven analysis and recommendations for competing priorities in building models, selecting features and scaling large campaigns
Why we are excited for you to join our team:
- Data Science plays a critical role at our company. It has the ability to differentiate us from our competitors and we invest in it greatly.
- You will be the expert for internal stakeholders and customers. You’ll make complicated, technical concepts simple for non-technical people to understand.
- You will contribute to strategic prioritization of what we work on, why, and when.
- You’ll help to curate, set, and communicate a roadmap to your peers and to the company
- The mobile ad-tech is shifting to an entirely new model of attribution and the approaches developed today will define the industry for a decade.
Who you are:
- You’ve successfully managed and shipped data science features and products and/or have lead large scale, cross functional data science projects
- You love collaborating with data engineers and data scientists to design, maintain, build, and machine-learning models
- You have a good understanding of marketplace products; you may have even worked in the space with a previous company
- You confidently access databases using SQL and a day buried in spreadsheets is fun and fulfilling
- 3+ years of experience in a Technical Product Management role, preferably within a marketplace and/or advertising industry
- A track record of shipping successful business-facing products
- Ability to translate market requirements, technical recommendations & capability outcomes into functionality, prioritizing engineering requirements, and product roadmaps
- 1+ years experience with Machine Learning technologies (linear regression, deep neural networks, recommender systems)
- Perform root cause and impact analysis to investigate data issues and make recommendations for potential solutions
- Leadership skills to influence partners and see projects through to timely completion in an agile environment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Engineering, Computer Science, or Business Information Systems
Tapjoy is a leading mobile advertising and app monetization company. Our platform empowers advertisers to connect with over 975 million monthly active users through value exchange advertising that drives awareness, engagement and the metrics that matter most to their overall growth. Meanwhile, companies such as Scopely, Crowdstar, Topps and many of the Top 200 grossing app publishers trust our platform to monetize their content, grow their audiences and reward their users. Founded in 2007 and headquartered in San Francisco, Tapjoy is a global organization with more than a dozen offices worldwide.
Tapjoy is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion lead to stronger, more innovative teams and better business results; we want to draw from the broadest talent pool possible and encourage qualified applicants. Tapjoy does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, color, age, sexual orientation, gender (including identity and expression), disability (mental or physical), religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification protected by applicable law; we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, and pursuant to applicable fair chance ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For more information, please visit www.tapjoy.com.