Senior Product Manager
Product/Design Management | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Join the Mobile Future with Tapjoy
Tapjoy is a creative workplace, comprised of people with different backgrounds, cultures, skill sets, and global perspectives. With offices all over the globe, Tapjoy provides mobile engagement and monetization services for leading advertisers and app developers. Advertisers rely on Tapjoy's diverse suite of rewarded Interplay™ ads including video and rich media to impact performance. Developers utilize our technology and mobile expertise to acquire and monetize users. The Tapjoy SDK is currently embedded in over 20,000 mobile apps, reaching 620 million monthly active users. Additionally, Tapjoy works with Fortune 500 brands and the Top 200 grossing app developers.
Here at Tapjoy, we promote a Joyful, Engaged, Trustworthy, and Innovative workplace with our company core values, and regularly celebrate and recognize the people who embody our values. Tapjoy believes its people are its greatest investments and we take extra care to support your time inside and outside of work with a multitude of benefits. In order to maintain what makes us so special here, we are committed to continued education and involvement in our community to protect and expand our one-of-a-kind workplace.
Position Title: Senior Product Manager
Tapjoy is seeking a Sr. Product Manager, Data Science. Founded in 2007, Tapjoy is a global organization with more than a dozen offices worldwide (e.g. Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, London, San Francisco, Boston, Santa Barbara…) and is headquartered in San Francisco.
The Senior Product Manager, Data Science is responsible for planning product work for the technical teams that develop and refine machine learning models that power Tapjoy’s products and services. They collaborate on the design and implementation of complex modeling and statistical algorithms using large mobile app and audience data to create a number of machine learning products. This position works closely with other leaders in areas including technology, ad products, sales, and marketing to ensure aligned execution of technical and product initiatives. The finalist plays a key role in the application of data-driven solutions across Tapjoy’s products. The Senior Product Manager, DS must be able to work across all business functions in a highly collaborative manner handling both product strategy and fast delivery appropriate for a late stage growth startup.
The right candidate will have experience in applied machine learning over a wide range of complex business problems from domains such as: ad tech, social media, eCommerce as well as marketing and general consumer behavior modeling. The role requires awareness of recent advances in machine learning and big data technology, in both algorithmic and software development best practices. The person must be able to contribute to the ideation against business/market opportunities, be able to help drive prioritization, and manage release schedules. It is noted that a lot of this R&D is iterative and results can only be determined by applying an A/B testing approach.
We continue to invest in our data science capabilities and have made significant strides in the past few years. However, we have ambition and opportunity to drive more growth through our data products. While Tapjoy operates out of several offices globally, our technical teams are based in San Francisco, Boston and Seoul Korea. Essential duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Realize our data product vision by defining a compelling roadmap in partnership with data scientists, data science engineers, UX/UI, and PM/Engineering
- As a self-starter, pioneer new machine-learning / AI opportunities to improve our products in the fast-paced mobile app advertising space
- Collaborate with commercial teams (sales, product marketing, developer relations) on data science products, gathering feedback and inventing compelling data products
- Explore and experiment with data all the time - from defining the strategy, building Proof-of-Concepts, MVP, and retrospective analysis after shipping a scalable data product
- Develop data science product requirements and build user-stories to align and rally multiple teams to ship the product
- Manage key stakeholders (internal Tapjoy and external key customers) by managing go-to-market plans in concert with product marketing, product management, and our commercial teams
Core Competencies include:
- Strong analytical skills and ability to do hands-on analysis
- Proven track record shipping compelling data products (ML, AI)
- Great design thinking, data-driven execution and cross-functional collaboration
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Machine Learning experience is highly desired Software development experience
- 4 year technical degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics / Statistics
- 5+ years prior relevant experience
- 2+ years of experience as a data scientist or technical product manager is desired
Tapjoy is a one-of-a-kind workplace, comprised of people with different backgrounds, cultures, skill sets and global perspectives. In order to maintain what makes us so special here, we support work-life balance both inside and outside the office in many ways.
If you want to learn about building an amazing team with industry-leading technology, you want to surround yourself with brilliant, passionate entrepreneurial teammates at Tapjoy.
Tapjoy is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion lead to stronger, more innovative teams and better business results; we want to draw from the broadest talent pool possible and encourage qualified applicants. Tapjoy does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, color, age, sexual orientation, gender (including identity and expression), disability (mental or physical), religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification protected by applicable law; we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, and pursuant to applicable fair chance ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For more information, please visit www.tapjoy.com.