Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Data Science/Analytics | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Position Title: Senior Machine Learning Engineer
📈Data Science is pretty much our business - we drive conversions. Given our massive scale, relatively modest improvements can have an outsized impact. ⚡
- Experiment and improve machine learning models for the recommendation/ad optimization system.
- Inform bidding strategy and data engineering architecture.
- Understand various ad-optimization algorithms (CTR prediction, eCPM optimization, user targeting and segmentation, RTB optimization, Exploration/Exploitation Algos)
- Solid object-oriented programming skill (Scala or Java) and at least one scripting language such as Python/R.
- Packages: scikit-learn, TensorFlow.
- Scaling GPU clusters to train deep neural networks.
- Experimental Design and statistical inference.
- Deep expertise in recommendation systems, classification models, class imbalance, and model calibration.
- Experience with BigQuery or PySpark or another modern method to access data.
- Experience with deploying and monitoring real-time model endpoint in AWS SageMaker is a plus.
B.S./M.S., in Computer Science or similar applied technical field.
Hands-on Machine Learning related industry projects.
Ability to work in a fast paced, test-driven collaborative and iterative programming environment.
Understand major supervised learning and unsupervised learning algorithms (Artificial/Deep Neural Networks, Boosting algorithms, Random Forest, SVM, Naive Bayes, PCA, K-means variants, etc).
Understand major recommendation systems approaches and corresponding algorithms.
Understand statistical hypothesis testing (ex. A/B testing)
Strong understanding of Algorithms, Data Structures and Machine Learning / Data Mining
Understanding of RDBMS, SQL and NoSQL alternatives
Tapjoy is a leading mobile advertising and app monetization company. Our platform empowers advertisers to connect with over 975 million monthly active users through value exchange advertising that drives awareness, engagement and the metrics that matter most to their overall growth. Meanwhile, companies such as Scopely, Crowdstar, Topps and many of the Top 200 grossing app publishers trust our platform to monetize their content, grow their audiences and reward their users. Founded in 2007 and headquartered in San Francisco, Tapjoy is a global organization with more than a dozen offices worldwide.
Tapjoy is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion lead to stronger, more innovative teams and better business results; we want to draw from the broadest talent pool possible and encourage qualified applicants. Tapjoy does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, color, age, sexual orientation, gender (including identity and expression), disability (mental or physical), religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification protected by applicable law; we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, and pursuant to applicable fair chance ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For more information, please visit www.tapjoy.com.