Senior Financial Analyst / Financial Analyst
Finance | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Senior Financial Analyst
Tapjoy is a leading mobile advertising and app monetization company. Our platform empowers advertisers to connect with over 1 billion monthly active users through value exchange advertising that drives awareness, engagement, and the metrics that matter most to their overall growth. Meanwhile, companies such as Scopely, Glu, Ludia, and many of the Top 200 grossing app publishers trust our platform to monetize their content, grow their audiences, and reward their users. Founded in 2007 and headquartered in San Francisco, Tapjoy is a global organization with offices in Santa Barbara, Boston, London, Beijing, Tokyo, and Seoul.
Tapjoy is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join our FP&A team to support our revenue forecasting function, analyze business performance, implement process improvements and support operational and strategic decision making across all levels of the organization. A successful candidate will be passionate about analyzing and interpreting data in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. The candidate will be able to understand broader business trends, investigate identified issues and translate raw data into clear hypotheses, implications and actionable insights for key business stakeholders. This is a high visibility role, which requires working closely and interacting with cross functional peers and managers. This position reports to the VP of Finance.
• Own revenue reporting process. Continuously improve current- and long-term revenue forecasting by incorporating evolving industry trends, internal product developments, pipeline outlook and sales leadership input
• Work closely with sales operations, business intelligence and data science teams to refine overall inputs to the revenue forecast
• Prepare and present variance analysis comparing actual results versus forecast/plan
• Analyze trends in all revenue and key operational metrics. Apply analytical expertise to large data sets to see beyond the numbers and help inform, influence, support, and execute business decisions
• Provide analytical and data-driven decision-making support for all assigned projects
• Strong understanding of mobile advertising and the mobile apps ecosystem preferred
• Highly detail oriented; ability to meet deadlines and self-direct work in an unstructured environment. Comfortable dealing with ambiguity
• Financial modeling expert - experience with complete three statement financial modeling required
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the desire to apply those skills in analyzing complex business problems, interpret data to produce meaningful insights and where relevant, implement process improvements
• Undergraduate degree in Business/Finance/Economics or other quantitative discipline with 5+ years of relevant financial experience. Experience in financial planning and analysis, investment banking or management consulting highly preferred
• Strong track record which demonstrates business acumen and positive operational outcomes
• Strong financial systems and business application skills including Excel, SQL, MicroStrategy and Adaptive Insights
• Ability to continually adapt and learn an immense amount in a short time
Tapjoy is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion lead to stronger, more innovative teams and better business results; we want to draw from the broadest talent pool possible and encourage qualified applicants. Tapjoy does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, color, age, sexual orientation, gender (including identity and expression), disability (mental or physical), religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification protected by applicable law; we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, and pursuant to applicable fair chance ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For more information, please visit www.tapjoy.com