Senior Data Scientist
Data Science/Analytics | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
Join the Mobile Future with Tapjoy 📱
📈Data Science is pretty much our business - we drive conversions. Given our massive scale, relatively modest improvements can have an outsized impact.
⚡If you’re looking to be a point of influence on a celebrated team (*not* just another ⚙️in a giant machine), a thought leader & mentor, and implement cutting edge machine learning tools -- this gig is for you.
- Apply your knowledge of data science, and be confident in suggesting new approaches to solve business challenges.
- Constantly experiment and improve the relevancy of the recommendation/ad optimization system.
- Work with the product/engineering teams to implement, test and deploy your ideas.
- B.S./M.S., in Computer Science or similar applied technical field.
- Hands-on Machine Learning related industry projects.
- Solid object-oriented programming skill (Scala or Java) and at least one scripting language such as Python/R.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, test-driven collaborative and iterative programming environment.
- Understand major supervised learning and unsupervised learning algorithms (Artificial/Deep Neural Networks, Boosting algorithms, Random Forest, SVM, Naive Bayes, PCA, K-means variants, etc).
- Understand major recommendation systems approaches and corresponding algorithms.
- Understand statistical hypothesis testing (ex. A/B testing)
- Strong understanding of Algorithms, Data Structures and Machine Learning / Data Mining
- Understanding of RDBMS, SQL and NoSQL alternatives
- Understand various ad optimization algorithms (CTR prediction, eCPM optimization, user targeting and segmentation, RTB and real-time optimization)
- Experience with Spark
- Experience with Tensorflow
Tapjoy is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion lead to stronger, more innovative teams and better business results; we want to draw from the broadest talent pool possible and encourage qualified applicants. Tapjoy does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, color, age, sexual orientation, gender (including identity and expression), disability (mental or physical), religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification protected by applicable law; we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, and pursuant to applicable fair chance ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For more information, please visit www.tapjoy.com.