Senior BI Data Analyst
Business Intelligence | Somerville, MA | Full Time
Position Title: Senior BI Data Analyst
We are seeking a Senior Data Analyst who combines an intense curiosity about data with a strong commitment to practical problem solving for business stakeholders. This role will require mastery of a complex and evolving data model unique in the industry not only for its scale but also in the dimensionality of business processes involved. Our team works in close alignment with all business units to understand and conduct research on the analytical requirements of our data projects. Most importantly, we are looking for a keen analytical thinker who enjoys working with and using data to find interesting insights.
As a Senior Data Analyst you will make individual contributions, in the form of report and dashboard building, code and pipeline maintenance, testing and documentation, supporting many of our projects in cross-departmental teams including Sales and Developer Relations, Marketing, Finance, Product and Engineering, Data Science, Customer Support and Operations.
- Design, deployment, and maintenance of BI and data systems:
- Build supporting pipelines, data models and reports which deliver analytics to a broad audience
- Translate business requirements into data architecture choices
- Stand up and maintain production quality databases and ETLs with a practical eye towards the end users
- Automate ad hoc processes into robust, performant, highly available, business user-friendly reports
- Provide analysis (in the form of custom queries, reports and dashboards) for partners and internal stakeholders under high time pressure when priority demands
- Strive to be capable in:
- SQL (BigQuery) - other languages a plus (Python, Java, Pig...)
- Github for data warehouse repository maintenance
- Apache Airflow for ETL jobs
- GCS and AWS for data storage and server administration
- Excel/Google Sheets, MicroStrategy and Google Data Studio for reports and data visualization
- Mentorship and presenting technical information
- B.S. or higher in applied technical field such as Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Economics, etc.
- 2+ years experience with a BI/Data Analytics tool (MicroStrategy preferred)
- Experience and competence in SQL (ETL/Database Administrator experience a plus)
- Comfortable thinking about data and systems, specifically ad tech data streams
- Exceptional attention to detail; willingness to understand data at a very deep level
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- A mature, self-motivated person with a positive, professional attitude
Tapjoy is a leading mobile advertising and app monetization company. Our platform empowers advertisers to connect with over 1 billion monthly active users through value exchange advertising that drives awareness, engagement, and the metrics that matter most to their overall growth. Meanwhile, companies such as Scopely, Glu, Ludia, and many of the Top 200 grossing app publishers trust our platform to monetize their content, grow their audiences, and reward their users. Founded in 2007 and headquartered in San Francisco, Tapjoy is a global organization with offices in Santa Barbara, Boston, London, Beijing, Tokyo, and Seoul.
Tapjoy is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion lead to stronger, more innovative teams and better business results; we want to draw from the broadest talent pool possible and encourage qualified applicants. Tapjoy does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, color, age, sexual orientation, gender (including identity and expression), disability (mental or physical), religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification protected by applicable law; we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, and pursuant to applicable fair chance ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For more information, please visit www.tapjoy.com