Finance | San Francisco, CA
Senior Accountant at Tapjoy in San Francisco, CA
Tapjoy is the leader in discovery, engagement and monetization services for mobile applications. The company’s turnkey in-app advertising platform helps developers acquire cost-effective, high-value new users, drive engagement within their applications, and create incremental income by providing an ad-funded payment method. The Tapjoy network spans over 9,000 apps and 200 million global consumers on iOS, Android and emerging mobile platforms, delivering more than 1.5 million advertising completions per day to app developers and big brand advertisers. Tapjoy is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in London, Paris, Tokyo, Beijing and Seoul Investors include InterWest Partners, North Bridge Venture Partners, D.E. Shaw Ventures, Rho Ventures and J.P. Morgan Asset Management.
Tapjoy is a rapidly growing company with strong revenues and solid market share. We are seeking a Senior Accountant to help with G/L, Revenue reporting, Accounts Receivable and other areas in finance. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, this individual will be responsible for critical areas of the monthly close, proper application of GAAP for daily transactions, and serve as a liaison between the finance team and the other departments. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of pertinent GAAP, the ability to implement processes to improve operational efficiency, work with cross-functional teams, and handle analysis related to revenue recognition and operational accounting issues. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following as additional roles and/or focus will be needed as the company and department continues to grow and evolve:
- Manage all aspects of Accounts Receivable and collections, including preparing analysis for partners as requested, performing detailed reconciliations between internal database and accounting system
- Work closely with other function groups (i.e. Development Relations, Ad Ops, Sales) in order to ensure Revenue recognition is in accordance to GAAP.
- Perform first level review of AR and Revenue Recognition including collections, AR Aging review, customer maintenance, ongoing customer support, invoice coding and inquiries
- Prepare journal entries and GL account reconciliations
- Perform various analysis related to Cost of Sales
- Assist with ERP system implementation and database and accounting system integration initiatives
- Assist with quarterly and annual audit preparation, including reconciliations and schedules
- Special projects as required
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years accounting/finance experience required
- CPA required; strong understanding of accounting theory and GAAP
- Highly detail oriented; ability to meet deadlines and effective problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate independently with minimal supervision
- Advanced in MS Excel and strong ERP system skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of employees and management
- Strong knowledge of Quickbooks Enterprise a plus
- A mature, self-motivated “go-getter” with a positive and professional attitude
- High capacity to operate effectively in turbulent startup environment
So...why would you want to work for Tapjoy?
The real question is...why wouldn't you?
- We are a small company doing very big things (500M devices on our network and growing)
- We value innate intelligence, the curiosity to learn more, and the ability to solve problems - and we provide a ton of autonomy in which to do this
- The mobile app space is a large opportunity and will continue to grow. We've done well so far and we clearly see where we need to go - and now we need your help to get there