Sales | New York, NY | Full Time
Tapjoy helps brands engage their audiences in a native and non-disruptive way within mobile games through Tapjoy Interplay Ads™. Tapjoy's Interplay Ads™ are the first Video & Rich Media ads for brands designed specifically for the mobile gaming environment and mindset. Through Tapjoy's Interplay Ads™ brands can reach an audience of 500MM+ focused and engaged mobile gamers across 10,000 games and top IP from major developers like WB, Scopely, Sega, Zynga, Glu and more.
Tapjoy is backed by top-tier investors, including J.P. Morgan Asset Management, Rho Ventures, North Bridge Venture Partners, InterWest Partners and D.E. Shaw Ventures. Headquartered in San Francisco, the company also has offices in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Santa Barbara, Boston, London, Beijing, Shanghai, Seoul and Tokyo.
Position Title: Sales Director
We are searching for an accomplished Sales Director to drive new revenue in the Mobile/Programmatic Media/Advertising space and manage a small team of New York based Account Executives. This player/coach role will be responsible for closing new business with Advertisers & Ad Agencies in the New York and East Coast region while also being accountable for your team's regional sales goal. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a high-paced, start-up environment and has an excellent understanding of the advertising space and mobile ecosystem. The Sales Director works closely with key stakeholders in marketing and account management, as well as product management, to make sure you execute on client solutions for your region.
- Generate mobile advertising revenue through new and existing relationships at the agency and client level while also managing a selection of current accounts
- Develop relationships with senior contacts within the mobile, video, and advertising agency community
- Proactively prospect, qualify, grow & maintain a named account list
- Collaborate with Tapjoy's internal teams to win & deliver campaigns
- Represent Tapjoy at Marketing & Advertising events across the East Coast region
- Mentor, guide and manage the revenue goals of a group of AEs
- Support your AE's growth by advising on sales strategy, RFPs, meetings, pitches, account priorities, etc
- Accurately forecast revenue growth for your book of business as well as your team's; achieve revenue goals as defined by management
Core Competencies include:
- An active relationship within the New York and East Coast region media community, including ad agencies and direct advertisers
- The ability to provide positive customer service and follow-through to close deals and build relationships
- Must have an internet-based advertising background
- Must be a self-starter, articulate and possess excellent presentation, phone and written communication skills
- Must have management skills and love to work your own book of business plus mentor others
- Strong communication, negotiation and project management skills
- Ability to build interdepartmental relationships
- A record of selling success for 7-10 years working in digital, mobile, video or advertising sales
- Experience managing a small team of sellers & regional revenue quotas
- An undergraduate degree in Marketing, Sales, or Advertising is ideal
- Proficiency with salesforce.com and MS Office
While we’re operating at tremendous scale, we still maintain a startup culture at Tapjoy with all of the casual, social, creative teammates you could desire, and encourage an entrepreneurial mindset where we drive innovation, continuous improvement and tremendous pride in our organization.
If you want to learn about building an amazing team with industry-leading technology, you want to surround yourself with brilliant, passionate entrepreneurial teammates at Tapjoy.
For more information, please visit www.tapjoy.com.