Revenue Accounting Manager
Finance | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Revenue Accounting Manager
Tapjoy is a leading mobile advertising and app monetization company. Our platform empowers advertisers to connect with over 1 billion monthly active users through value exchange advertising that drives awareness, engagement, and the metrics that matter most to their overall growth. Meanwhile, companies such as Scopely, Glu, Ludia, and many of the Top 200 grossing app publishers trust our platform to monetize their content, grow their audiences, and reward their users. Founded in 2007 and headquartered in San Francisco, Tapjoy is a global organization with offices in Santa Barbara, Boston, London, Beijing, Tokyo, and Seoul.
Tapjoy is seeking a Revenue Accounting Manager to join our team. The Revenue Accounting Manager will work cross-functionally to understand the Company’s non-routine revenue contracts and new product offerings. This person will leverage their familiarity with ASC 606, to quickly identify the accounting implications of proposed contract terms, and operationalize the accounting without slowing down the business or processes.
The ideal candidate will have a mixture of public accounting and industry experience, specifically in advertising or mobile gaming, and be able to operate in a fast growth environment. This person is a self-starter who is organized, highly analytical, collaborative and a problem solver.
- Manage the review and approval of new product launches, changes, and agreements, ensuring appropriate recognition in accordance with ASC 606
- Prepare process flows, documentation, and workbooks for new products and business changes
- Assist with monthly close procedures for new launches and revenue changes to ensure timely and accurate closing of the books for internal and external reporting in accordance with U.S. GAAP and control requirements
- Coach and mentor senior accountants to support contract negotiation, contract reviews, and revenue accounting monthly close
- Develop accounting memos to ensure revenue recognition following company policy and revenue recognition accounting standards under ASC 606
- Review revenue accounting team’s close activities over complex accounting areas
- Advise business partners on developments in accounting and financial reporting, related company policies and the external regulatory environment
- Provide technical accounting and growth recognition advice to Sales and Commercial teams, influencing optimal agreement structures to minimize financial risk
- Continuously adapt and align processes with the introduction of new products, markets, vendors, and policies
- Participate in revenue accounting audit and assist with revenue financial disclosures
- Participate in special projects to review and improve control environment and drive efficiencies
- 5-8 years total revenue/accounting experience, including Big 4 experience with experience in the technology industry (preferred)
- Solid understanding of U.S. GAAP
- Expertise in ASC 606 and launching new products/business changes into accounting operations
- Self-starter and self-motivated to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Experience leading, coaching, and managing teams
- Organized, detail-oriented and deadline-driven
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and experience in working with stakeholders across all levels within cross-functional teams
- Education: B.A./B.S. in Accounting. CPA a plus
- Ability to continually adapt and learn an immense amount in a short time
- Highly detail oriented; ability to meet deadlines and self-direct work in an unstructured environment. Comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Strong understanding of mobile advertising and the mobile apps ecosystem preferred
Tapjoy is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion lead to stronger, more innovative teams and better business results; we want to draw from the broadest talent pool possible and encourage qualified applicants. Tapjoy does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, color, age, sexual orientation, gender (including identity and expression), disability (mental or physical), religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification protected by applicable law; we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, and pursuant to applicable fair chance ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For more information, please visit www.tapjoy.com