Principal Product Manager, Programmatic
Product/Design Management | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Tapjoy's Maximum Impact PlatformTM provides mobile engagement and monetization services for leading advertisers and app developers. Advertisers rely on Tapjoy's diverse suite of rewarded InterplayTM ads including video and rich media to impact performance. Developers utilize our technology and mobile expertise to acquire and monetize users. The Tapjoy SDK is currently embedded in over 15,000 mobile apps, reaching 520 million monthly active users. A 2016 comScoreTM study confirmed Tapjoy Interplay® ads deliver an unprecedented 3x lift across all brand metrics. The company works with Fortune 500 brands and the Top 200 grossing app developers. Founded in 2007, Tapjoy is a global organization with more than a dozen offices worldwide and is headquartered in San Francisco.
Tapjoy is backed by top-tier investors, including J.P. Morgan Asset Management, Rho Ventures, North Bridge Venture Partners, InterWest Partners and D.E. Shaw Ventures. Headquartered in San Francisco, the company also has offices in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Santa Barbara, Boston, London, Beijing, Shanghai, Seoul and Tokyo.
Position Title: Senior Product Manager, Programmatic
Tapjoy is looking for a talented product manager to drive our DSP efforts for mobile performance advertising. This PM will own major workflows and tools related to programmatic supply & optimization:
- Reporting, billing & acquisition of new supply sources
- Improving setup of campaigns
- Enhancements to leverage interactive video creatives & standards on programmatic supply
- Innovation in rewarded advertising to differentiate Tapjoy Ads
We are looking for a product leader who can independently drive the roadmap for our programmatic supply efforts. You will work closely with several stakeholders including engineering, design and user research, sales, legal, and product marketing to deliver great products and grow Tapjoy’s business.
- Be the company expert in mobile video advertising and evangelist for video mediation ecosystem & programmatic. Must have working knowledge of programmatic standards such as VAST, MRAID, RTB etc.
- Define, develop and execute the vision, roadmap, and requirements for growing programmatic supply and competing with best in class performance DSPs
- Own and deliver success on business goals for your product area by developing a compelling product vision and executing on it
- Synthesize insights from user research, customer meetings, usage data, and sales feedback to prioritize enhancements and new feature ideas that will deliver business objectives and advertiser benefit
- Drive high quality, rapid product launches with a team of customer-focused engineers and designers
- Develop methods for assessing product and project success, and processes to increase the likelihood of it
Core Competencies include:
- Data Driven Mindset
- Mobile Experience
- Technical Accumen
- Advertising Experience
- Some Ad Buying Experience
- Experience managing the Full Stack
- Customer Centric
- Bachelor of Science with a technical focus such as Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA Preferred
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience
- Experience within Programmatic Advertising
- Ad-tech experience preferred
- Mobile in-app video experience
While we’re operating at tremendous scale, we still maintain a startup culture at Tapjoy with all of the casual, social, creative teammates you could desire, and encourage an entrepreneurial mindset where we drive innovation, continuous improvement and tremendous pride in our organization.
If you want to learn about building an amazing team with industry-leading technology, you want to surround yourself with brilliant, passionate entrepreneurial teammates at Tapjoy.
Tapjoy is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion lead to stronger, more innovative teams and better business results; we want to draw from the broadest talent pool possible and encourage qualified applicants. Tapjoy does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, color, age, sexual orientation, gender (including identity and expression), disability (mental or physical), religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification protected by applicable law; we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, and pursuant to applicable fair chance ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For more information, please visit www.tapjoy.com.