Principal Data Scientist
Data Science/Analytics | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Position Title: Principal Data Scientist
- Build a data/stats-driven ad machine learning models, working closely with the product team
- Constantly experiment and improve machine learning models for the recommendation/ad optimization system
- Invent and analyze big data for given business cases and help implement them in production
- Work with the product/engineering team to implement, test and deploy the solution on Google Cloud Platform
- Passionate about machine learning and big data
- Great communication about complex algorithmic works as easy-to-understand story telling
- Motivated to test at billions scaled data and follow up machine learning models in product
- Ph. D in Computer Science or Statistics, or 5 years or more of similar working experience in the technical field.
- Must have hands-on Machine-learning related industry project experience.
- Solid Python programming skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, test-driven collaborative and iterative programming environment
- Understanding of major recommendation algorithms (Collaborative Filtering, Matrix factorization, Gradient Boosting, etc.)
- Senior level understanding of Algorithms, Data Structures, and Machine Learning/Data Mining
- Understanding of RDBMS, SQL and NoSQL alternatives
- Domain and/or marketplace knowledge
- Understanding of various ad optimization algorithms (CTR prediction, eCPM optimization, user targeting and segmentation, RTB and real-time optimization) is a plus
- Experience with Hadoop/Hbase/Pig or PySpark is a plus
Tapjoy is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion lead to stronger, more innovative teams and better business results; we want to draw from the broadest talent pool possible and encourage qualified applicants. Tapjoy does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, color, age, sexual orientation, gender (including identity and expression), disability (mental or physical), religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification protected by applicable law; we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, and pursuant to applicable fair chance ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For more information, please visit www.tapjoy.com.