Mobile Software Engineer - iOS / Android / Unity
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Tapjoy's Maximum Impact PlatformTM provides mobile engagement and monetization services for leading advertisers and app developers. Advertisers rely on Tapjoy's diverse suite of rewarded InterplayTM ads including video and rich media to impact performance. Developers utilize our technology and mobile expertise to acquire and monetize users. The Tapjoy SDK is currently embedded in over 15,000 mobile apps, reaching 520 million monthly active users. A 2016 comScoreTM study confirmed Tapjoy Interplay® ads deliver an unprecedented 3x lift across all brand metrics. The company works with Fortune 500 brands and the Top 200 grossing app developers. Founded in 2007, Tapjoy is a global organization with more than a dozen offices worldwide and is headquartered in San Francisco.
Tapjoy is backed by top-tier investors, including J.P. Morgan Asset Management, Rho Ventures, North Bridge Venture Partners, InterWest Partners and D.E. Shaw Ventures. Headquartered in San Francisco, the company also has offices in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Santa Barbara, Boston, London, Beijing, Shanghai, Seoul and Tokyo.
Position Title: Senior Software Engineer
- Design, develop, and optimize features of Tapjoy's mobile SDK
- Collaborate with product, design and engineering teams to bring innovative products from concept to delivery on millions of devices
- Solve challenging problems around performant ad rendering, device-level caching, concurrency, and memory management
- Interface with and contribute to design of backend APIs that support the SDK
- Work with integration engineers to debug customer issues and support our partners
- Solid foundation in mobile technologies, with development experience in Android, iOS, Unity and/or AIR
- Knowledge of iOS/Android performance tools and optimization techniques
- Experience building SDKs/frameworks/libraries
Core Competencies include:
- You're excited to develop and deliver high quality mobile content viewed by millions of users
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals, including knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design
- You thrive in a fast paced environment that values high impact decision making
- You have experience with or interest in Objective-C, Java, and interfacing with REST APIs
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or related technical field)
- 3+ yrs of relevant work experience in a professional setting
While we’re operating at tremendous scale, we still maintain a startup culture at Tapjoy with all of the casual, social, creative teammates you could desire, and encourage an entrepreneurial mindset where we drive innovation, continuous improvement and tremendous pride in our organization.
If you want to learn about building an amazing team with industry-leading technology, you want to surround yourself with brilliant, passionate entrepreneurial teammates at Tapjoy.
Tapjoy is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion lead to stronger, more innovative teams and better business results; we want to draw from the broadest talent pool possible and encourage qualified applicants. Tapjoy does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, color, age, sexual orientation, gender (including identity and expression), disability (mental or physical), religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification protected by applicable law; we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, and pursuant to applicable fair chance ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For more information, please visit www.tapjoy.com.