Manager of Data Science
Data Science/Analytics | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Join the Mobile Future with Tapjoy 📱
📈Data Science is pretty much our business - we drive conversions. Given our massive scale, relatively modest improvements can have an outsized impact.
⚡If you’re looking to be a point of influence on a celebrated team (*not* just another ⚙️in a giant machine), a thought leader & mentor, and implement cutting edge machine learning tools -- this gig is for you.
- Lead a team of machine learning engineers through technical challenges. Provide hands-on guidance, code/scope review.
- Big picture strategy on data product roadmapping
- Build, scale, shape the data science team according to org values & needed skills.
- Interface with stakeholders & partners and build relationships.
- Track the granular details on progress of work and communicate it outwards to a lay audience.
- Hosting meetings & leading presentations.
- Communication: Distill complex machine learning concepts to a lay business audience. Framework for visibility on progress for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience as a frontline manager, leading teams of 3 or more.
- Solid coding skills in SQL and in a scripting language like Python. Packages: scikit-learn & TensorFlow. Scaling GPU clusters to train deep neural networks.
- Experience with BigQuery or PySpark or another modern method to access data.
- Deep expertise in recommendation systems, classification models, class imbalance, model calibration, exploration/exploitation techniques, deep learning.
- Skills > credentials.
Tapjoy is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion lead to stronger, more innovative teams and better business results; we want to draw from the broadest talent pool possible and encourage qualified applicants. Tapjoy does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, color, age, sexual orientation, gender (including identity and expression), disability (mental or physical), religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification protected by applicable law; we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, and pursuant to applicable fair chance ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.