Junior Financial Analyst
Finance | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Tapjoy is the leader in discovery, engagement and monetization services for mobile applications. The company’s turnkey in-app advertising platform helps developers acquire cost-effective, high-value new users, drive engagement within their applications, and create incremental income by providing an ad-funded payment method. The Tapjoy network spans over 9,000 apps and 200 million global consumers on iOS, Android and emerging mobile platforms, delivering more than 1.5 million advertising completions per day to app developers and big brand advertisers.
We are seeking a Junior Financial Analyst to help prepare financial trend and data analysis reports. The position reports to the Senior Finance Manager and will be a key contributor to the Finance team with significant exposure to senior management. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collect data, research and prepare analysis for budget performance and projects
- Monitor department budgets by reviewing data in the financial system and communicating with managers
- Investigate and correct errors
- Prepare advanced financial trend and data analysis reports
- Participate in the development of departmental budgets
- Communicate and support analytical findings
- Identify and recommend process improvements
- Execute in a fast-paced, team environment
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting and/or Finance with minimum of two years of related finance experience
- Strong financial systems and business application skills including Access and Excel
- Highly detail oriented; ability to meet deadlines and effective problem solving skills
- Ability to operate independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees and management
- A mature, self-motivated person with a positive, professional attitude
- High capacity to operate effectively in a turbulent startup environment
- Progressive, consistent work history and excellent references
- Social media or gaming experience highly desirable
So...why would you want to work for Tapjoy?
The real question is...why wouldn't you?
- We are a small company doing very big things (220M devices on our network and growing).
- We value innate intelligence, the curiosity to learn more, and the ability to solve problems - and we provide a ton of autonomy in which to do this.
- The mobile app space is a large opportunity and will continue to grow. We've done well so far and we clearly see where we need to go - and now we need your help to get there.