Head of Ad Sales
Sales | Beijing, China | Full Time
Head of Ad Sales at Tapjoy in Beijing, China
Tapjoy is a mobile advertising and monetization platform whose Mobile Value Exchange model allows users to select personalized advertisements with which to engage for virtual rewards or premium content. Tapjoy empowers users on more than 1 billion devices today and growing fast.
Tapjoy’s turnkey in-app advertising platform helps mobile developers to cost-effectively acquire high-value new users and monetize their applications, while its powerful advertising marketplace lets brand advertisers reach a global mobile audience spanning more than 116,000 applications.
An early innovator in the mobile ecosystem, we are backed by top-tier investors, including: J.P. Morgan Asset Management, Rho Ventures, North Bridge Venture Partners, InterWest Partners and D.E. Shaw Ventures. Headquartered in San Francisco, the company also has engineering offices in Boston and Atlanta. Sales offices are located in other geos globally too.
Tapjoy is a rapidly growing company with strong revenues and solid market share, and is currently seeking an experienced and accomplished sales / business development director to drive new revenue in the Chinese Mobile Media/Advertising space. This person must have strong leadership and management experience as well as be a key individual contributor with responsibility for closing new business with Ad Agencies and Ad Networks.
Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide strategic leadership to identify and develop a strong understanding of core objectives and challenges
- Establish go-to-market strategy for bringing advertising dollars to Tapjoy’s China inventory
- Partner with Tapjoy’s international sales team to refine corporate selling methodology to achieve results
- Plan, prepare, and execute high impact meetings with prospects and partners
- Identify and close new sales opportunities
- Forecast revenue growth; achieve revenue goals as defined by management
- Hire and train a team of sales professionals to achieve company growth plans
- Guide and manage process for on-boarding new customers
- Maximize revenue growth within existing accounts
- Contribute strategically to the growth and direction of Tapjoy's global products and services set
- Attend and present at industry events/conferences
- 7-10 years of demonstrable track record driving mobile and/or online advertising sales or affiliate marketing in China
- An extremely strong network of active relationships within the target community, both leading ad agencies and direct advertisers
- Proven experience as strong contributor to multi-national organizations
- Hands-on management/leadership experience hiring and training staff
- A history of meeting and exceeding annual sales quotas
- Experience with performance-based online advertising is ideal
- An undergraduate degree in Marketing, Sales, or Advertising is preferred
- Superb organization skills, a proactive nature
- A commitment to providing positive customer service and following-through to close deals and build relationships
- Proficiency with salesforce.com and MS Office
- Fluency in Chinese and English highly desired