Front End Staff Engineer (R&D)
Engineering | Cambridge, MA | Full Time
Tapjoy's Maximum Impact PlatformTM provides mobile engagement and monetization services for leading advertisers and app developers. Advertisers rely on Tapjoy's diverse suite of rewarded InterplayTM ads including video and rich media to impact performance. Developers utilize our technology and mobile expertise to acquire and monetize users. The Tapjoy SDK is currently embedded in over 15,000 mobile apps, reaching 520 million monthly active users. A 2016 comScoreTM study confirmed Tapjoy Interplay® ads deliver an unprecedented 3x lift across all brand metrics. The company works with Fortune 500 brands and the Top 200 grossing app developers. Founded in 2007, Tapjoy is a global organization with more than a dozen offices worldwide and is headquartered in San Francisco.
Tapjoy is backed by top-tier investors, including J.P. Morgan Asset Management, Rho Ventures, North Bridge Venture Partners, InterWest Partners and D.E. Shaw Ventures. Headquartered in San Francisco, the company also has offices in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Santa Barbara, Boston, London, Beijing, Shanghai, Seoul and Tokyo.
Position Title: Front End Staff Engineer (R&D)
- You’re excited about developing and delivering web and mobile experiences supporting hundreds of millions of consumers and thousands of partners.
- While you may have an area of concentration, you understand technologies up and down the software stack.
- You’re an effective collaborator, working efficiently with product management, design, and technology teams across a fast moving organization to bring innovative products from concept to delivery on millions of devices with measurable benefits.
- You find learning and developing new technologies thrilling and engaging.
- You’re excited to mentor and teach other engineers because you love to share knowledge.
- You know how to balance trade offs between perfecting design and speed of delivery of product.
You might work on:
- Developing new user workflows and optimizing performance and UX of existing React Dashboards.
- Ownership of the front end development workflow from helping shape the design process, developing code, automating testing, all the way to delivering and monitoring post deployment performance at high scale.
- Instrumenting and analyzing data in BigQuery (and other tools) at large scale to measure the results of deployed code.
- Designing new ways to visualize real time data on heads up displays for both internal stakeholders and external clients.
- Envisioning, designing and developing solutions across the stack to enable rapid delivery of innovative consumer mobile interactive user ad experiences.
- Leading scrum teams and making tradeoffs to prioritize backlogs.
Technologies in our stack:
- Full stack software development: Ruby, Rails, Go, REST, Distributed Systems
- Data Storage: MySQL, Riak, PostgreSQL, Couchbase
- Native mobile development: iOS (Objective C), Android, Unity, Air
- Cloud services: AWS, EC2, SQS, S3
- You have a BS in Computer Science (or related field)
- 3-5 yrs of work experience in a professional setting
We operate at tremendous scale, but still maintain a culture of respect and collaboration at Tapjoy with all of the casual, social, creative teammates you could desire. We encourage an entrepreneurial mindset where we drive innovation, continuous improvement, and tremendous pride in our people and product.
If you want to surround yourself with respectful, brilliant, passionate, and entrepreneurial teammates at Tapjoy. Get in contact with us and let’s build some amazing things together!
Tapjoy is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion lead to stronger, more innovative teams and better business results; we want to draw from the broadest talent pool possible and encourage qualified applicants. Tapjoy does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, color, age, sexual orientation, gender (including identity and expression), disability (mental or physical), religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification protected by applicable law; we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, and pursuant to applicable fair chance ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For more information, please visit www.tapjoy.com.