Finance | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Join the Mobile Future with Tapjoy
Tapjoy is a creative workplace, comprised of people with different backgrounds, cultures, skill sets, and global perspectives. With offices all over the globe, Tapjoy provides mobile engagement and monetization services for leading advertisers and app developers. Advertisers rely on Tapjoy's diverse suite of rewarded Interplay™ ads including video and rich media to impact performance. Developers utilize our technology and mobile expertise to acquire and monetize users. The Tapjoy SDK is currently embedded in over 20,000 mobile apps, reaching 620 million monthly active users. Additionally, Tapjoy works with Fortune 500 brands and the Top 200 grossing app developers.
Here at Tapjoy, we promote a Joyful, Engaged, Trustworthy, and Innovative workplace with our company core values, and regularly celebrate and recognize the people who embody our values. Tapjoy believes its people are its greatest investments and we take extra care to support your time inside and outside of work with a multitude of benefits. In order to maintain what makes us so special here, we are committed to continued education and involvement in our community to protect and expand our one-of-a-kind workplace.
Position Title: Financial Analyst
We are seeking a Financial Analyst to join our FP&A team to support our revenue forecasting function, analyze business performance, implement process improvements and support operational and strategic decision making across all levels of the organization. A successful candidate will be passionate about analyzing and interpreting data in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. The candidate will be able to understand broader business trends, investigate identified issues and translate raw data into clear hypotheses, implications and actionable insights for key business stakeholders. This is a high visibility role, which requires working closely and interacting with cross functional peers and managers. This position reports to the Director of FP&A.
Core Responsibilities include:
• Own revenue reporting process. Continuously improve current- and long-term revenue forecasting by incorporating evolving industry trends, internal product developments, pipeline outlook and sales leadership input
• Work closely with sales operations, business intelligence and data science teams to refine overall inputs to the revenue forecast
• Prepare and present variance analysis comparing actual results versus forecast/plan
• Analyze trends in all revenue and key operational metrics. Apply analytical expertise to large data sets to see beyond the numbers and help inform, influence, support, and execute business decisions
• Provide analytical and data-driven decision-making support for all assigned projects
Core Competencies include:
• Strong understanding of mobile advertising and the mobile apps eco-system preferred
• Highly detail oriented; ability to meet deadlines and self-direct work in an unstructured environment. Comfortable dealing with ambiguity
• Financial modeling expert - experience with complete three statement financial modeling required
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the desire to apply those skills in analyzing complex business problems, interpret data to produce meaningful insights and where relevant, implement process improvements
• Undergraduate degree in Business/Finance/Economics or other quantitative discipline with two (2) to four (4) years of relevant financial experience. Experience in investment banking or management consulting highly preferred
• Strong track record which demonstrates business acumen and positive operational outcomes
• Strong financial systems and business application skills including Excel, SQL, MicroStrategy and Adaptive Insights
• Ability to continually adapt and learn an immense amount in a short time
Tapjoy is a one-of-a-kind workplace, comprised of people with different backgrounds, cultures, skill sets and global perspectives. In order to maintain what makes us so special here, we support work-life balance both inside and outside the office in many ways.
If you want to learn about building an amazing team with industry-leading technology, you want to surround yourself with brilliant, passionate entrepreneurial teammates at Tapjoy.
Tapjoy is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion lead to stronger, more innovative teams and better business results; we want to draw from the broadest talent pool possible and encourage qualified applicants. Tapjoy does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, color, age, sexual orientation, gender (including identity and expression), disability (mental or physical), religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification protected by applicable law; we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, and pursuant to applicable fair chance ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For more information, please visit www.tapjoy.com.