Director of Sales
Sales | New York, NY | Full Time
Join the Mobile Future with Tapjoy
Tapjoy is a creative workplace, comprised of people with different backgrounds, cultures, skill sets, and global perspectives. With offices all over the globe, Tapjoy provides mobile engagement and monetization services for leading advertisers and app developers. Advertisers rely on Tapjoy's diverse suite of rewarded Interplay™ ads including video and rich media to impact performance. Developers utilize our technology and mobile expertise to acquire and monetize users. The Tapjoy SDK is currently embedded in over 20,000 mobile apps, reaching 620 million monthly active users. Additionally, Tapjoy works with Fortune 500 brands and the Top 200 grossing app developers.
Here at Tapjoy, we promote a Joyful, Engaged, Trustworthy, and Innovative workplace with our company core values, and regularly celebrate and recognize the people who embody our values. Tapjoy believes its people are its greatest investments and we take extra care to support your time inside and outside of work with a multitude of benefits. In order to maintain what makes us so special here, we are committed to continued education and involvement in our community to protect and expand our one-of-a-kind workplace.
We are searching for an accomplished Sales Director to drive new revenue in the Mobile/Programmatic Media/Advertising space and manage a small team of NY based Account Executives. This player/coach role will be responsible for closing new business with Advertisers & Ad Agencies in the East region while also being accountable for your team's regional sales goal. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a high-paced, start-up environment and has an excellent understanding of the advertising space and mobile ecosystem. The Sales Director works closely with key stakeholders in marketing and account management, as well as product management, to make sure you execute on client solutions for your region.
Position Title: Director of Sales
- Generate mobile advertising revenue through new and existing relationships at the agency and client level while also managing a selection of current accounts
- Develop relationships with senior contacts within the mobile, video, and advertising agency community
- Proactively prospect, qualify, grow & maintain a named account list
- Collaborate with Tapjoy's internal teams to win & deliver campaigns
- Represent Tapjoy at Marketing & Advertising events across the EAST region
- Mentor, guide and manage the revenue goals of a group of AEs
- Support your AE's growth by advising on sales strategy, RFPs, meetings, pitches, account priorities, etc
- Accurately forecast revenue growth for your book of business as well as your team's; achieve revenue goals as defined by management
Core Competencies include:
- An active relationship within the EAST region media community, including ad agencies and direct advertisers
- The ability to provide positive customer service and follow-through to close deals and build relationships
- Must have an internet-based advertising background
- Must be a self-starter, articulate and possess excellent presentation, phone and written communication skills
- Must have management skills and love to work your own book of business plus mentor others
- Strong communication, negotiation and project management skills
- Ability to build interdepartmental relationships
- A record of selling success for 7-10 years working in digital, mobile, video or advertising sales
- Experience managing a small team of sellers & regional revenue quotas
- An undergraduate degree in Marketing, Sales, or Advertising is ideal
- Proficiency with salesforce.com and MS Office
Tapjoy is a one-of-a-kind workplace, comprised of people with different backgrounds, cultures, skill sets and global perspectives. In order to maintain what makes us so special here, we support work-life balance both inside and outside the office in many ways.
If you want to learn about building an amazing team with industry-leading technology, you want to surround yourself with brilliant, passionate entrepreneurial teammates at Tapjoy.
Tapjoy is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion lead to stronger, more innovative teams and better business results; we want to draw from the broadest talent pool possible and encourage qualified applicants. Tapjoy does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, color, age, sexual orientation, gender (including identity and expression), disability (mental or physical), religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification protected by applicable law; we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, and pursuant to applicable fair chance ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For more information, please visit www.tapjoy.com.