Developer Partnerships Manager
Business Development | Tokyo, Japan
Developer Partnerships Manager
Tapjoy is a mobile value exchange platform, driving personalized app discovery for consumers, customer acquisition and engagement for app and brand advertisers, and rich monetization for innovative developers. The Tapjoy network spans over 20,000 apps and 675 million global consumers on iOS, Android and Windows Phone. Tapjoy is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in 14 cities across the U.S., Asia and Western Europe. Investors include InterWest Partners, North Bridge Venture Partners, D.E. Shaw Ventures, Rho Ventures and J.P. Morgan Asset Management.
Location of job: Openings in each location
Tapjoy Japan -Tokyo
Tapjoy Korea - Seoul
Tapjoy China - Beijing
Tapjoy runs the largest independent mobile advertising marketplace in terms of both reach and performance. We help brand advertisers and mobile marketers reach and engage with mobile audiences on a pay-for-performance basis, while driving user engagement and revenues for mobile app developers.
Our unique ad value exchange marketplace allows consumers of mobile games and applications to earn virtual currency within the application by opting into/engaging with targeted and relevant ads. This creates a value exchange where the consumer views the advertiser as providing value—as opposed to being disruptive—to a content experience. As more and more apps move to the freemium model, in which an app can be downloaded for free and consumers are given the option to purchase virtual goods such as level-ups, decorative items and more, the Tapjoy model of value-exchange has become a critical part of the ecosystem for advertisers and consumers alike.
Role and Responsibilities
We are seeking a Developer Partnerships Manager to manage outreach to mobile developers and publishers. Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Identify leading local iOS and Android mobile developers and work with them to integrate the Tapjoy SDK into their applications
- Develop outbound leads by attending industry events, researching and calling into target accounts, identifying appropriate contacts, qualifying the lead and developing opportunities
- Collaborate with Developer Relations & Outreach teams to execute on strategies to develop business with new developers
- Manage and track developer accounts in the lead database through salesforce.com. Track and report lead metrics
- Collaborate with marketing on lead generation activities
- Contribute to various tasks to support our developer partners
Professional Experience and Personal Qualities
- Outgoing, friendly personality. Comfortable and excited about going to industry events to meet new developers.
- Smart, creative, and humble individual who can work well in a high-growth, fast-paced environment and get things done with and without structure
- Familiarity with and strong interest n the mobile games / apps industry
- Fluent in English and local language (Japanese, Korean or Chinese)
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Team player with a customer-focused attitude
- Self-motivator; gets high quality work done
- High capacity, able to operate effectively in turbulent environment
- Undergraduate degree
Tapjoy is the leader in monetization and distribution services for mobile applications. Tapjoy is headquartered in San Francisco, with a leadership team with deep roots in online advertising, personalization, and optimization technologies. Investors include Rho Ventures, Interwest Capital, North Bridge Venture Partners, and D. E. Shaw Ventures.
Qualified and Interested Candidates
If this position sounds like a fit with your past experience and future interests -- and you want to be part of the excitement of a rapidly growing business -- we want to hear from you. We have a competitive compensation structure with a generous option plan and very good benefits.