Legal | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Tapjoy's Maximum Impact PlatformTM provides mobile engagement and monetization services for leading advertisers and app developers. Advertisers rely on Tapjoy's diverse suite of rewarded InterplayTM ads including video and rich media to impact performance. Developers utilize our technology and mobile expertise to acquire and monetize users. The Tapjoy SDK is currently embedded in over 15,000 mobile apps, reaching 520 million monthly active users. A 2016 comScoreTM study confirmed Tapjoy Interplay® ads deliver an unprecedented 3x lift across all brand metrics. The company works with Fortune 500 brands and the Top 200 grossing app developers. Founded in 2007, Tapjoy is a global organization with more than a dozen offices worldwide and is headquartered in San Francisco.
Tapjoy is backed by top-tier investors, including J.P. Morgan Asset Management, Rho Ventures, North Bridge Venture Partners, InterWest Partners and D.E. Shaw Ventures. Headquartered in San Francisco, the company also has offices in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Santa Barbara, Boston, London, Beijing, Shanghai, Seoul and Tokyo.
Position Title - Corporate Counsel
As legal counsel you'll have a broad range of responsibilities. You will structure commercial partnerships and negotiate inbound and outbound agreements in a fast-paced environment. Working as a part of the team, you will help develop our legal approaches and processes.
Success in this role demands curiosity, strong practical legal skills, technology acumen (or willingness to learn), enthusiasm, a self-starter attitude, collaboration, and communication. Have you been working in BigLaw and now your want to try your hand in an in-house environment, where every day brings something different and engaging?
Entrepreneurial by nature, you will have immediate impact with your analytic rigor, solid judgment, effective counseling, and ability to get things done.
- Review, draft and negotiate all types of agreements - including inbound, outbound, infrastructure, and partnership agreements.
- Advise technical and business development teams from the initial stages of product development, through launch, to market strategy.
- Participate in developing and refining legal strategies and approaches in fast- evolving areas of our industry, including data usage rights, privacy, and intellectual property.
- Take ownership of important issues and decisions, and see them through to completion.
- Design, build, and improve legal department processes to keep pace with growth while appropriately managing risk.
- Manage internal projects, trainings, and processes, and drive cross-functional efforts to successful completion.
- 2-3 years legal experience in a relevant professional setting.
- Strong interpersonal skills supporting effective accomplishment of organizational objectives.
- Experienced, passionate, or both as to mobile media, privacy, and intellectual property.
- Excellent oral and written, communication skills
- Natural drive to organize and improve.
- Sound business judgment.
- Skilled at negotiating, drafting, and interpreting technology agreements.
- Eager to learn new technologies and ideas. Comfortable navigating complicated and nuanced issues.
- JD with California bar admission; great academic record.
While we’re operating at tremendous scale, we still maintain a startup culture at Tapjoy with all of the casual, social, creative teammates you could desire, and encourage an entrepreneurial mindset where we drive innovation, continuous improvement and tremendous pride in our organization.
If you want to learn about building an amazing team with industry-leading technology, you want to surround yourself with brilliant, passionate entrepreneurial teammates at Tapjoy.
For more information, please visit www.tapjoy.com.