BI Data Analyst
Business Intelligence | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Position Title: BI Data Analyst
We are seeking a Business Intelligence Data Analyst who combines an intense curiosity about data with a strong commitment to practical problem solving for business stakeholders. This role will require mastery of a complex and evolving data model unique in the industry not only for its scale but also in the dimensionality of business processes involved. Our team works in close alignment with all business units to understand and conduct research on the analytical requirements of our data projects. The right candidate will also be an essential liaison between the BI team and various business units such as Developer Relations, Ad Sales, Ad Operations, Customer Service, Marketing and Finance. As such, the position demands a highly professional demeanor and strong communication skills, notably the ability to translate between business and technical requirements. Most importantly, we are looking for a keen analytical thinker who enjoys working with and using data to find interesting insights.
Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Become an expert on the data model for apps, ad campaigns and customer behavior analytics
- Proactively analyze customer and network data in search of business insight
- Development of reporting solutions using SQL (BigQuery), Microstrategy, Excel, Google Data Studio and related tools
- Automate ad hoc processes into robust, performant, highly available, business user-friendly reports
- Translate and execute requirements for business metrics at the data layer
- Work closely with the ETL team and contribute to the data warehouse code base (Git, Airflow)
- Work with the Product, Engineering and Data Science teams to ensure proper data collection to support reporting and analysis
- Ensure data integrity, methodological soundness and analytic rigor for product development and experimentation
- Conduct both ad hoc and long-term strategic analysis for key business teams
- B.A./B.S. in applied technical field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, etc.
- SQL, Python
- Working knowledge of statistics
- Strong interest in large scale data mining, reporting and visualization
- Deep understanding of online/mobile advertising dynamics
- Understanding of monetization KPI for apps/games
- Experience designing and executing A/B tests
- Familiarity with user acquisition and LTV models
- Understanding of Product Development lifecycles
- Previous experience with BI tools a plus (Microstrategy, Tableau, Looker...)
- Exceptional attention to detail; willingness to understand data at a very deep level
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees and management
- A mature, self-motivated person with a positive, professional attitude
Tapjoy is a leading mobile advertising and app monetization company. Our platform empowers advertisers to connect with over 1 billion monthly active users through value exchange advertising that drives awareness, engagement, and the metrics that matter most to their overall growth. Meanwhile, companies such as Scopely, Glu, Ludia, and many of the Top 200 grossing app publishers trust our platform to monetize their content, grow their audiences, and reward their users. Founded in 2007 and headquartered in San Francisco, Tapjoy is a global organization with offices in Santa Barbara, Boston, London, Beijing, Tokyo, and Seoul.
Tapjoy is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion lead to stronger, more innovative teams and better business results; we want to draw from the broadest talent pool possible and encourage qualified applicants. Tapjoy does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, color, age, sexual orientation, gender (including identity and expression), disability (mental or physical), religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification protected by applicable law; we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, and pursuant to applicable fair chance ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For more information, please visit www.tapjoy.com