Android Software Engineer (SDK)
Engineering | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
Position Title: Android Software Engineer (SDK)
We provide an SDK that mobile app developers will integrate into their app portfolio. This is a critical component to our product, it requires a great deal of care and attention when we prepare a release, where the quality of code shipped must be at its highest.
This mid level or senior role is focused on mobile, our SDK’s are written in Java (Android) and Objective-C (iOS), they interact with a Restful API which is maintained by other teams and display ads via a webview whose content is also controlled by another team.
- Work on Tapjoy’s advertising iOS/Android SDKs and Unity plugin.
- Collaborate to design and scope out upcoming features.
- Write high quality and well tested code when implementing features.
- Diagnose issues reported from our Integrations team.
- Have at least 2 years commercial experience building and maintaining production-ready mobile SDKs or applications in Android and/or iOS development.
- Have commercial experience and good understanding of either Java.
- Enjoy reviewing your peers' work, either through pull requests or otherwise, and know how to establish and encourage quality code being written.
- Proficient in Git.
- Experience in writing clean code, carefully considering the overall design of the codebase.
- Experience writing tested code.
- Some knowledge/experience with CI/CD tools.
- Able to write clear documentation of the interfaces you build and/or maintain.
- Can communicate design decisions with your colleagues in a comprehensible way.
- Know when to ask for help when you don’t know something.
- Keen to debate effectively without animosity.
- Familiar with Unity or similar engine and building apps to Android and/or iOS.
- If you have built a library or framework that other developers have integrated either internally or externally.
- Have integrated a mobile advertising SDK in a previous capacity.
- Experience writing either Swift/Kotlin.
- Experience with Gradle.
- Experience with Cocoapods (using & deploying).
- Experience with BigQuery or other database analysis tools.
Tapjoy is a leading mobile advertising and app monetization company. Our platform empowers advertisers to connect with over 1 billion monthly active users through value exchange advertising that drives awareness, engagement, and the metrics that matter most to their overall growth. Meanwhile, companies such as Scopely, Glu, Ludia, and many of the Top 200 grossing app publishers trust our platform to monetize their content, grow their audiences, and reward their users. Founded in 2007 and headquartered in San Francisco, Tapjoy is a global organization with offices in Santa Barbara, Boston, London, Beijing, Tokyo, and Seoul.
Tapjoy is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion lead to stronger, more innovative teams and better business results; we want to draw from the broadest talent pool possible and encourage qualified applicants. Tapjoy does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, color, age, sexual orientation, gender (including identity and expression), disability (mental or physical), religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification protected by applicable law; we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, and pursuant to applicable fair chance ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For more information, please visit www.tapjoy.com