Accounts Payable Specialist
Finance | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Join the Mobile Future with Tapjoy
Tapjoy is a creative workplace, comprised of people with different backgrounds, cultures, skill sets, and global perspectives. With offices all over the globe, Tapjoy provides mobile engagement and monetization services for leading advertisers and app developers. Advertisers rely on Tapjoy's diverse suite of rewarded Interplay™ ads including video and rich media to impact performance. Developers utilize our technology and mobile expertise to acquire and monetize users. The Tapjoy SDK is currently embedded in over 20,000 mobile apps, reaching 620 million monthly active users. Additionally, Tapjoy works with Fortune 500 brands and the Top 200 grossing app developers.
Here at Tapjoy, we promote a Joyful, Engaged, Trustworthy, and Innovative workplace with our company core values, and regularly celebrate and recognize the people who embody our values. Tapjoy believes its people are its greatest investments and we take extra care to support your time inside and outside of work with a multitude of benefits. In order to maintain what makes us so special here, we are committed to continued education and involvement in our community to protect and expand our one-of-a-kind workplace.
Position Title: Accounts Payable Specialist
The Accounts Payable Specialist will help with financial, clerical and administrative services to ensure efficient, timely and accurate payment of accounts under his or her control. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, this individual will be responsible for processing full cycle Accounts Payable and assisting with quarterly financial reporting and preparation of reports. The ideal candidate will have solid, relevant, and significant experience in fast-paced accounting environments. This position is challenging, requiring the candidate to meet tight deadlines, while flexibly handling ever-changing priorities.
Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following as additional roles and/or focus will be needed as the company and department continues to grow and evolve:
- Prepare AP aging report from system and obtain authorization for payment
- Check processing and check mailing
- Preparing support for wire transfers and ACH payments
- Point of contact for all Accounts Payable questions Investigate and resolve billing and vendor issues
- Prepare 1099’s Audit and process employee expenses reports
- Reconciliation of vendor statements and resolving discrepancies
- Work with other department managers regarding Account Payable and Customer service related issues
- Month end close activities including accruals and reconciliations
- Maintaining vendor contracts and preparing reports based on contract terms
- Ad hoc projects depending on needs of Accounting team
- Three years of full-cycle Accounts Payable processing experience
- Highly detail oriented; ability to meet deadlines and effective problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills Ability to operate independently with minimal supervision
- Advanced in MS Excel
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees and management
- Strong knowledge of Netsuite, Concur, and Expensify
- A mature, self-motivated person with a positive, professional attitude
- High capacity to operate effectively in turbulent startup environment
- Progressive, consistent work history and excellent references
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or Finance is desirable
Tapjoy is a one-of-a-kind workplace, comprised of people with different backgrounds, cultures, skill sets and global perspectives. In order to maintain what makes us so special here, we support work-life balance both inside and outside the office in many ways.
If you want to learn about building an amazing team with industry-leading technology, you want to surround yourself with brilliant, passionate entrepreneurial teammates at Tapjoy.
Tapjoy is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion lead to stronger, more innovative teams and better business results; we want to draw from the broadest talent pool possible and encourage qualified applicants. Tapjoy does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, color, age, sexual orientation, gender (including identity and expression), disability (mental or physical), religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification protected by applicable law; we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, and pursuant to applicable fair chance ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For more information, please visit www.tapjoy.com.