Finance | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Join the Mobile Future with Tapjoy
Tapjoy is a creative workplace, comprised of people with different backgrounds, cultures, skill sets, and global perspectives. With offices all over the globe, Tapjoy provides mobile engagement and monetization services for leading advertisers and app developers. Advertisers rely on Tapjoy's diverse suite of rewarded Interplay™ ads including video and rich media to impact performance. Developers utilize our technology and mobile expertise to acquire and monetize users. The Tapjoy SDK is currently embedded in over 20,000 mobile apps, reaching 620 million monthly active users. Additionally, Tapjoy works with Fortune 500 brands and the Top 200 grossing app developers.
Here at Tapjoy, we promote a Joyful, Engaged, Trustworthy, and Innovative workplace with our company core values, and regularly celebrate and recognize the people who embody our values. Tapjoy believes its people are its greatest investments and we take extra care to support your time inside and outside of work with a multitude of benefits. In order to maintain what makes us so special here, we are committed to continued education and involvement in our community to protect and expand our one-of-a-kind workplace.
Position Title: Accounting Manager
- Own worldwide monthly GL close and be responsible for all aspects of the financial closing process including review of all journal entries and account reconciliations prepared by the team.
- Manage consolidation and oversee the relationships with outsourced service providers for international locations.
- Work closely with FP&A and business partners to generate, record, reconcile, and maintain accrual balances and monthly budget versus actual analyses.
- Explain financial statement fluctuation and provide in depth knowledge and understanding of key account movements.
- Manage coordination of U.S. financial statement audits and reviews, including the preparation of audit schedules, financial statements, and footnotes.
- Manage and develop direct reports, which includes providing direction, support, and guidance to develop employees and meet organizational needs.
- Produce standard and ad-hoc reporting to analyze trends vs. prior quarter and prior year for the statement of operations and the balance sheet.
- Help lead critical accounting projects, including the design and implementation of key finance systems, global close efficiency, audit readiness and management reporting.
- Prepare and reconcile Equity related transactions.
- College degree with an emphasis in Accounting
- Active CPA/CA or equivalent (preferred but not required).
- 7+ years of progressively responsible experience in a high-tech organization (a mix of Big 4 and private industry preferred).
- In depth experience with Netsuite
- Strong understanding of GAAP and FASB codification and pronouncements as well as ability to clearly and concisely document and effectively communicate accounting and reporting issues to finance and non-finance personnel.
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction to accomplish objectives.
- Excellent project management and analytical skills, combined with strong business judgment and ability to communicate with management.
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment and lead and drive complex initiatives.
Tapjoy is a one-of-a-kind workplace, comprised of people with different backgrounds, cultures, skill sets and global perspectives. In order to maintain what makes us so special here, we support work-life balance both inside and outside the office in many ways.
If you want to learn about building an amazing team with industry-leading technology, you want to surround yourself with brilliant, passionate entrepreneurial teammates at Tapjoy.
Tapjoy is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion lead to stronger, more innovative teams and better business results; we want to draw from the broadest talent pool possible and encourage qualified applicants. Tapjoy does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, color, age, sexual orientation, gender (including identity and expression), disability (mental or physical), religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification protected by applicable law; we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, and pursuant to applicable fair chance ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For more information, please visit www.tapjoy.com.