Adobe Youth Voices Program Assistant (Volunteer)
Adobe Youth Voices | Toronto, ON, Canada
This part-time volunteer opportunity is ideal for a student or recent graduate in the field of international development, education, digital media, or other fields related to work in the non-profit sector. Our ideal candidate is self-driven, attentive to detail, and is team-oriented individual who is passionate about the potential of digital media and technology shaping stronger communities worldwide. If this describes you, or someone you know, please apply or share this opportunity!
Why volunteer at TakingITGlobal?
- Have an impact! TakingITGlobal's programs reached millions of users last year, empowering young people in over 200 countries to express themselves, develop understanding, and take action to address social issues in their communities and around the world.
- Expand your horizons! TakingITGlobal has a strong international reputation within the non-profit, government, and corporate sectors. Your experience and strengthened skills will be respected by future employers and TakingITGlobal's collaborative nature means volunteers grow a solid professional network and gain experience vital for future job opportunities.
- Be part of a vibrant team! TakingITGlobal is a open, collaborative environment recognized as a WorldBlu Democratic Workplace and committed to fun wellness activites. Although headquartered in Toronto, TIG is an international organization and you'll have the opportunity to be inspired by partners and team members from all over the world!
Roles & Responsibilities:
Educator and Supporter
Support with the revision and improvement of AYV support materials including youth program planning, media-related resources, educator and youth media certificates and more
Support with populating the Essentials Online Community with tools and resources that aid educators in delivery a youth focused media-literacy program on the ground
Develop innovative methods of sustaining the growth of collaborative and intercultural exchange amongst educators to enhance delivery of digital media programming
Assist in monitoring and evaluating progress of AYV educators with support of team
Co-facilitating webinars throughout program to support educators in delivery of media programming and professional development
Maintain active rapport with AYV educators and partners within the TIG network
Respond to support requests from existing and prospective AYV educators in a timely manner and assist with managing [[redacted]]
Schedule and attend team meetings once a week
Provide input into the development of program tools and resources
Contribute to the everyday operations of the AYV team
Logistical and administrative tasks as needed
Actively participate in team meetings, sharing ideas, and suggestions to improve facilitation of AYV programming
Provide general and administrative support to the AYV Program Coordinator, including assisting with development of exhibition proposals, educator evaluations, media program reporting, and educator progress
Seeking opportunities where the team can exhibit, expand partnerships, and enhance delivery of media program
Support community mobilization with the AYV network to engage educators in increased opportunities
Administration and Management
Work with Adobe Youth Voices coordinator to add, update, and track program and educator databases
Providing logistical support to Adobe Youth Voices educators
Assist with the development and maintenance of all databases
- Supporting the logistics and planning of digital media exhibitions, including preparations of media projects, maintaining digital media content, liaising between exhibit coordinators and AYV team
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision and take initiative
- Effective time management, prioritizing, and organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Effective communication skills across cultures
- Belief in the vision and missions of Adobe Youth Voices and TakingITGlobal
- Fluency in Spanish or Portuguese
- Familiarity with Adobe Software
- Prior volunteer experience
This position is offered on an initial 4-month volunteer basis with possibility of renewal. We are looking for someone who is able to commit 20 hours per week, working 2 days per week at the TakingITGlobal office and 4 hours weekly working remotely from their home. The successful candidate may request a travel stipend.
This volunteer position is part of the TakingITGlobal Fall Internship Program Cycle with the following details:
Duration: 4 months (September - December)
Hours: 20 hours per week (16 in Toronto office, 4 remote)
Application Deadline: July 19, 2013
Orientation Day: September 3rd, 2013
Application screening will be conducted on an ongoing basis. Please electronically submit a resume and cover letter at your earliest convenience via the JobScore platform. TakingITGlobal is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports applications from diverse backgrounds and communities.