Senior Process Control Engineer
Operations | Fremont, CA | Full Time
“It’s what the world’s been waiting for.”
That is Tactus. And that’s the response we get from our technology. Imagine how you would actually feel typing your next email, playing a game, or scrolling on your tablet or smartphone – if you could actually have real physical buttons morph and grow out of the surface of the screen. And, that when you were done using them, the buttons would literally disappear back into the screen, leaving a perfectly flat, perfectly clear surface, ideal for web surfing. That is what Tactus does. This is what you could do.
If you are looking to join a company that is reshaping the way over a billion people on the planet communicate and experience the world, and if you want to help lead this change – then we want to meet you.
Tactus Technology is currently recruiting for a Senior Process Control Engineer, for a direct hire opportunity at our Fremont, CA facility. This is a senior position, combining development and deployment of systems to control and improve our manufacturing results. Working with a team that has been developing the Tactus Technology touchscreen systems, you will help develop the methods and machines for manufacturing in very high volume.
This role is for you if you enjoy developing fully integrated, transferrable manufacturing solutions with a very high cosmetic standard and incredible price pressure (you have to like doing hard things!). Your participation will definitely influence the design of products and will include development of multiple patentable concepts and products.
In this position, you will collaborate with manufacturing to identify methods of analyzing and monitoring SPC conditions, as well as process capability improvement opportunities. You can expect to act as a trainer/mentor on statistical concepts, theories, and applications to drive improved understanding and usage of process control tools and methods throughout the Process Development and Manufacturing organizations. To understand their processes, tools and challenges, you will meet regularly with R&D representatives. Additionally, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining data queries and reporting solutions to measure process capability, manufacturing variance and other SPC metrics. You will also collect, analyze and present data to technical teams and various levels of management.
Successful candidates for this position will have:
- Strong (teaching level) understanding of Statistical Process Control
- Knowledge of a variety of statistical process control limit strategies (i.e.: percentile, normal, Shewhart)
- Expert knowledge of different control chart types and their use cases (for counts, individuals, proportions, etc in addition to X-bar/S or R)
- Familiarity with ANOVAs or source of variation studies, and the use of variability components in statistical process control
- Strong analytical problem-solving and data analysis skills
- The ability to learn new process control tools quickly, follow industry standards for opportunity
- Experience in working independently with minimal supervision, as well as large teams
- Experience developing, teaching, and presenting technical subjects, communicating in a style appropriate to various levels
- Experience in developing business processes through collaboration and consensus
- Experience in leadership without authority skills in driving for goal based results, working with cross functional teams
- Experience in other Process Control Systems (PCS) subjects is a plus; Fault Detection and Classification (FDC), Run-to-Run Control (R2R), Scheduling or Sampling, Process Metrology, and Interfacing with semiconductor process equipment
- Effective organizational and decision-making abilities
- Excellent oral, written, and listening communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree (minimum) in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Physics or a related field with at least 10 years experience in manufacturing of high volume products
- Previous experience in display / touchsensor or lamination manufacturing is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to design and production.
- A high level of commitment with a willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Expert computer knowledge / programming experience that can be applied toward scripting, and supporting the simulation, analysis and development of PCS solutions. E.g.: JMP, JMP scripting, RegEx, SQL, PERL, xml structure, C++, or VB experience
- The ability to travel (may be required at times)
- General manufacturing process knowledge, in a data driven, high volume, environment
- Must be a team player and work well with others in process development, corrective action and problem solving.
- Full working knowledge of and committed to continuous improvement principles.
Ability to effectively handle multiple activities simultaneously and successfully function in a cross functional manufacturing environment