Engineering | Fremont, CA
Description of Tactus Technology
“It’s what the world’s been waiting for.”
That is Tactus. And that’s the response we get from our technology. Imagine how you would actually feel typing your next email, playing a game, or scrolling on your tablet or smartphone – if you could actually have real physical buttons morph and grow out of the surface of the screen. And, that when you were done using them, the buttons would literally disappear back into the screen, leaving a perfectly flat, perfectly clear surface, ideal for web surfing. That is what Tactus does. This is what you could do.
If you are looking to join a company that is reshaping the way over a billion people on the planet communicate and experience the world, and if you want to help lead this change – then we want to meet you.
You are a world-class, experienced mechanical engineer who has worked on a team under pressure, successfully handling multiple tasks and exceeding goals. You have broad micro-mechanical design and fabrication experience – ideally with plastics – and deep knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, or microfluidics. You have previous experience bringing new products and processes from a product development stage into high volume manufacturing.
This role is for you if you enjoy product design requiring precision, high volume processing with material properties playing a key role. Your participation will include development of multiple patentable concepts and products.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Mechanical design and analysis of products, subassemblies and individual components
- Create and test electromechanical concepts and functional prototypes
- Oversee and execute prototype fabrication
- Perform detailed analysis of assemblies and components including elastic deformation, vibration, dynamic loads, tolerance stack-up and fatigue life
- Specification of off-the-shelf and custom hardware and components
- Compile and analyze operational, test, and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified products
Maintain thorough documentation
- Expertise in microfluidics – channels, plastics, pneumatics, valve systems, microfluidics, pneumatics, hydraulics
- Expertise in high precision, micro-scale assembly and design
- 3+ years in Product Development with proven track record of successful design launch for high volume manufacturability (consumer electronics or medical device experience preferred; experience with fluid handling critical)
- Design for manufacturability (including statistical analysis)
- Experience in a variety of production methods and design for a wide variety of manufacturing processes (injection molding, die casting, compression molding, extrusions, surface finishing, etc.).
- Experience in 3D CAD (SolidWorks or ProE experience required)
- Experience with CNC prototyping preferable
- MEMS fabrication and design preferable