Engineering Program Manager
Engineering | Fremont, CA
“It’s what the world’s been waiting for.”
That is Tactus. And that’s the response we get from our technology. Imagine how you would actually feel typing your next email, playing a game, or scrolling on your tablet or smartphone – if you could actually have real physical buttons morph and grow out of the surface of the screen. And, that when you were done using them, the buttons would literally disappear back into the screen, leaving a perfectly flat, perfectly clear surface, ideal for web surfing. That is what Tactus does. This is what you could do.
If you are looking to join a company that is reshaping the way over a billion people on the planet communicate and experience the world, and if you want to help lead this change – then we want to meet you.
- Work closely with Development Team, Manufacturing Operations, and Sales/Marketing Team to define and refine program requirements. Owner of program schedule and execution to meet milestones.
- Lead a multi-functional/multi-organizational team to plan and commit to program content, schedule, cost (people and system resources), quality and performance objectives. Significant experience is required to balance program requirements and deliver the required product with specified performance, within schedule and cost requirements.
- Drive the prioritization, risk analysis and actions required to resolve program issues that arise.
- Understand vendor's roadmaps and specifications to insure that the program performance and schedule requirements can be met, and fits into short and long term roadmaps and objectives.
- Interface with development partners and key vendors to define SOWs and manage interface to ensure delivery to SOW goals.
- 3+ years in engineering program management with multiple, successful product launches
- 7+ years in product development, preferably in the field of hardware components
- Proficient in product development processes involving tightly interacting mechanical design, process development, material science and software
- Experienced in taking products from concept through to manufacturing. High volume manufacturing experience is desirable.
- Experienced in the transfer of products to offshore manufacturing
- Significant knowledge in program planning and program management practices
- Demonstrated experience with managing products through reliability and qualification testing
- Experience in displays, touch panels or related industry highly desirable
Worked on products involving hydraulics and microfluidics