Engineering | Bengaluru, Karnataka, India | Full Time
Led by former Salesforce and Siebel executive, Chuck Ganapathi, Tact.ai is on a mission to make enterprise software more human-friendly. Tact.ai’s conversational AI platform is used by Fortune 500 sales organizations, including two of the top five pharmaceutical companies in world, Honeywell and Cisco to drive revenue growth by eliminating friction in their daily sales workflow.
Headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA., Tact.ai Technologies, Inc. is a privately-held company backed by Accel Partners, Redpoint Ventures, Upfront Ventures, M12 (formerly Microsoft Ventures), Comcast Ventures, Salesforce Ventures and the Amazon Alexa Fund.
The India Center of Tact.ai was set up in July 2018, with a focus on bringing together world class talent to take Tact.ai to the next level, in terms of product, go-to-market and operational excellence, while building up on the company’s culture of global inclusion that we aspire to and strive for.
About the Opportunity:
At Tact.ai, we build products that transform how users work by removing friction in their day-to-day lives. Do you believe in making software more human-friendly. Do you relish the challenge of balancing user experience, technical details, optimization, security and omni-channel and cross-platform extensibility? Are you obsessed with creating a better end user experience? Join our team at Tact.ai, the only company backed by Amazon, Upfront & Microsoft ventures, Salesforce.com, Accel, Redpoint, and Comcast.
Tact.ai is seeking a talented and highly motivated Technical Writer to make the administration and usage of Tact as transparent as possible. As a member of our Product team, you will be primarily responsible for collaborating with product managers, designers and engineers to understand release scope and create written (and other) sources of information about Tact that fits our human-friendly mission.
Desired Experience Level:
- 5+ years in a technical writer role for enterprise software implementations at Fortune 1000 clients (consulting firm or software company experience, CRM experience highly desired)
- Develop user documentation of the Tact product suite for each release, including user functions and administration
- In addition to documentation, identify and develop alternate ways to convey systems documentation (eg. video, in-line help)
- Prepare one-off white papers on important topics, such as Tact’s approach to integration, for customer consumption
- Hire and manage additional employees and contract help as needed
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in computers or equivalent/higher
- Experience with documentation alternatives (eg. video and online help)
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and perform effectively in a highly dynamic work environment; perform tasks and activities that may be out of your comfort zone
- Ability to quickly grasp and distinctly explain technology and business concepts to non- technical users
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Nice to have:
- Experience with CRM, mobile and AI
Ability to travel to US, 2-3 times per year
Business Visa for visiting US is preferred
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Flexible work hours
- Sponsored lunch