Senior Backend Engineer (Server Team)
Engineering | Bengaluru, Karnataka, India | Full Time
Led by former Salesforce and Siebel executive, Chuck Ganapathi, Tact.ai is on a mission to make enterprise software more human-friendly. Tact.ai’s conversational AI platform is used by Fortune 500 sales organizations, including two of the top five pharmaceutical companies in world, Honeywell and Cisco to drive revenue growth by eliminating friction in their daily sales workflow.
Headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA., Tact.ai Technologies, Inc. is a privately-held company backed by Accel Partners, Redpoint Ventures, Upfront Ventures, M12 (formerly Microsoft Ventures), Comcast Ventures, Salesforce Ventures and the Amazon Alexa Fund.
The India Center of Tact.ai was set up in July 2018, with a focus on bringing together world class talent to take Tact.ai to the next level, in terms of product, go-to-market and operational excellence, while building up on the company’s culture of global inclusion that we aspire to and strive for.
About The Opportunity
We're looking for Senior Backend Engineers who love solving hard-technical challenges at scale, writing highly reusable code, and thinking about how to build better systems while keeping a keen eye on the subtle interaction details that makes a product delightful. At Tact, our Engineering teams value Product Intuition just as much as technical knowledge and familiarity with best practices of back end engineering, which ensures that Engineering always plays a big role in deciding the roadmap of the organization as a whole.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Work with Tact’s Server team to design & build the backend systems that powers the Tact Platform
- Work with small cross functional teams to deliver product features on time with high quality
- Take ownership of features and projects and be self-driven to deliver them on time
- Participate in design and code reviews and establish engineering standards across the team
- Help mentor Junior Developers in the team to help them achieve their true potential
- Help build the Tact.AI India team, and contribute to developing the culture of Tact
- (Most Important) Be part of a Dynamic Engineering team building a state-of-the-art product which changes the entire sales paradigm, in an environment that values and supports your growth and as much as you do!
What You Should Have
- 5+ years of software development experience in Java and not compulsorily in Python/C#
- 3+ years of experience in building web-based products at scale
- Must be comfortable breaking down product requirements into technical architectures and owning the development process for the features.
- Clear understanding of basic algorithms and data structures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and desire to work with small teams in a dynamic startup culture.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience working with Cross-Geographic teams
- Familiarity with development using voice and text-based channels like Amazon Alexa, Slack, Cortana, etc.
- Experience building up teams from scratch
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Flexible work hours
- Sponsored lunch