Product Management | Boston, MA
Are you an accomplished software Product Manager looking to join a fast-paced environment? If so, we would like to talk to you.
T1D Exchange brings together the best of traditional clinical and biological research with the expanding fields of health information technology and virtual community-building. It is comprised of a BioBank, Clinic Registry and our community website Glu.
By delivering a platform to our partners that facilitates an unprecedented knowledge exchange between the research community, people with type 1 diabetes, and their caregivers, the T1D Exchange links the entire type 1 community in its efforts to accelerate research and improve healthcare for all people with type 1.
The Product Manager for Glu is responsible for both managing the day-to-day activities and helping to execute the business and commercial strategies set forth by TID Exchange leadership. Specific responsibilities include:
- Works with users, customers, vendors, partners, and internal staff members to define detailed product requirements incorporating specifics from a base of user feedback and planning materials
- Improves existing product functionality and SOPs supporting business processes
- Prioritizes recommended changes to stay within allocated resources for Glu initiatives
The Product Manager will be responsible for managing the full life cycle of the product from requirements definition and development through testing, release. They will provide support and guidance for any regulatory (domestic and international) requirements and be responsible for assessing and managing risk.
Additionally, the Product Manager will be responsible for understanding the Glu commercial value proposition, Glu’s market differentiation, and emerging competitors. They will use this knowledge to manage the Glu product development roadmap. Specifically, this individual will be responsible for understanding the market and product competitors to ensure the requirements and overall product design have distinct market differentiation and competitive advantage.
Essential Job Functions:
- Defines detailed product requirements
- Cultivates and manages strong and productive relationships with vendors and partners
- Maintains a full understanding of the competitive landscape relative to the Glu product
- Analyzes and monitors market segments through regular market and strategic research
- Manages product lifecycle and oversees development, testing, release, risk, and commercialization activities
- Ensures regulatory compliance with all relevant regulatory agencies
- Ensures product usability and alignment with customer expectations
- Helps to develop changes to product pricing models
- Helps to develop key marketing messages including ROI model for clients
- Plans/Monitors product/enhancement rollout
- Creates product interest and excitement internally and externally
Works within a cross-functional team to:
- Ensure product development works in harmony with other Glu activities such as marketing, content development, user engagement, user support, data management, and research
- Ensure the goals and priorities from senior management are met
- Audit and streamline the Glu user support processes
- Balance the need to provide users with responsive service with the internal goals
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities:
- Have a track record of success in an information business: i.e., a value added information re-seller in product management role
- An entrepreneurial spirit and high energy levels commensurate with operating within a fast paced high growth environment building market success quickly
- Strong communication skills and team orientation
- Influencing skills since the successful candidate needs to make their great ideas become reality by leveraging resources throughout the company which they do not have direct authority over
- Project management and organizational skills related to the orchestration of cross-functional resources
- Experience in healthcare, clinical research
Education, Experience, and Certification:
- Web product management experience is a must.
- Healthcare IT background strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- 5-7 years’ experience in web-based product development