Finance/HR | Altamonte Springs, FL | Full Time
Sys2K is looking for a reconciling whiz to join the team as a Senior Accountant . This position is responsible for supporting the VP, Finance by managing balance sheet reconciliations, handling AP, and assisting in other general accounting tasks. This role will also be involved in implementing new systems and processes to drive efficiencies and communication in the Finance/HR team and across the company.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide day to day accounts payable support, obtain proper approval, ensure proper coding, process payments, and maintain vendor files and communications.
- Maintain balance sheet reconciliations, such as fixed assets, bank accounts, accruals, and prepaids.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Modifies, documents, and coordinates implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures.
- Create and post GL transactions.
- Ensure W-9 compliance including annual preparation of 1099's.
- Process accounts receivable receipts and complete bank deposits.
- Assist with typing and organizing accounting policies and procedures
- Provide support for insurance programs, assisting with the maintenance records for certificates of insurance and the annual renewal processes
- Assist in other Accounting/HR team needs as necessary
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Complete reconciliation and analyses on customer/vendor accounts and GL accounts
- Must work well in a team environment and be willing to share additional responsibilities when necessary, to meet required deadlines
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) in Accounting
- 5+ years of experience in Accounting
- Strong computer skills – Microsoft Office
- Customer support appittude to internal and external customers
- Experience with financial systems
- Excellent writing and speaking skills
- Experience with implementing systems and processes
- NetSuite and Salesforce experience
- Saas/Revenue management experience
Employee will be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Will also be required to bend, twist, reach, push, pull, and operate office machinery. Must be able to lift up to twenty pounds.
Note: This job description is not intended to cover all activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other duties may be required by the employee at any time, without notice.