Director, Professional Services & Customer Support
Client Services | Altamonte Springs, FL | Full Time
Sys2K is looking for a Director, Professional Services & Customer Support who is energetic and results-oriented. This is a senior leadership position overseeing our services operations which include Professional Services, Managed Services, Training, and Customer Support. The position requires a mindset of building a “best in class ‘customer adoption’ machine.” The role involves managing across a geographically dispersed group of people. This position thrives on the opportunity to drive high-level strategy and decisions, as well as excel at tactical execution and making things happen. A willingness to be “hands-on” is an important aspect of this role.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead highly skilled Professional Services, Training & Customer Support teams including recruitment, performance management, and professional development.
- Implement programs, processes, and a culture that emphasizes customer success, value realization, high Net Promoter Scores, and profitability.
- Develop an onboarding program to ensure new hires are productive and positioned for success.
- Collaborate with senior management team to develop business plans for professional services, training, and customer support operations.
- Contribute to overall business strategy and objectives.
- Lead customer engagement lifecycle from sale to full operational use of Company solutions.
- Participate in sales process for highly qualified sales opportunities to differentiate Company as a total solutions provider and to assist in closing new deals.
- Exceed client expectations by ensuring Company solutions deliver substantial value to customers.
- Develop and implement processes, procedures, and tools that support entire project lifecycle, including project plans, communications, and controls.
- Secure referenceable accounts within Company customer base.
- Assign services staff to projects for optimal resource management.
- Review key project deliverables and participates in key project milestone meetings.
- Oversee development of training curriculum and training platforms, ensuring advanced learning techniques are applied.
- Ensure training programs can be effectively leveraged at corporate and local customer levels in a highly repeatable fashion in support of SaaS software deployments.
- Establish SLA plans and procedures for corporate and local customers.
- Develop and implement practices that measure the effectiveness and performance of the customer support function.
- Improve productivity by highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes in tools, training, processes, and reporting.
- Report operational achievements and progress on a regular basis including statistical analysis and improvement of action plans.
- Develop a multi-tiered support operation with different price points and service levels.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to recruit, lead, and motivate talented team members
- Strong leadership and people skills including 1:1 and 1:n interactions
- Ability to effectively engage with a senior management audience and project team members
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) in Business, or related field
- 3+ years of experience in managing customer support or help desk operations
- 5+ years of experience in strategic project and team management within a professional service organization focused on application software implementation
- Experience working in both start-up and high growth software company environments
- Successful history working with sales, product management, and marketing teams
- Experience in hiring top talent and retention
- Experience implementing structure, processes, systems, and tools to make operations highly repeatable, predictable, and reliable
- Experience with profit and loss management, metrics, and reporting
- Strategic acumen with a strong results and execution orientation
Employee will be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Will also be required to bend, twist, reach, push, pull, and operate office machinery. Must be able to lift up to twenty pounds. Travel will be required for this position.
Note: This job description is not intended to cover all activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other duties may be required by the employee at any time, without notice.