Professional Services Manager
Professional Services | Gold River, CA | Full Time
Working under the supervision of the Vice President of Professional Services, the Professional Services Group (PSG) Manager Is responsible for all the functions of the Professional Services Group department. The manager will oversee staff and implement strategies to increase productivity. The manager will conduct training to motivate and build the skills of team members. The manager will continually assess their employee productivity levels and help them to achieve their sales goals.
In addition, the manager will be directly responsible for the success of client engagement projects managed. The Project Manager works as project leader on PSG client engagements including but not limited to software application platform migration, User Interface development, service layer development, application feature development, and database and client retainer (Staff Augmentation) projects. For most projects, this will involve at least one trip to the customer site.
The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years’ experience in managing staff and enterprise-level technology projects. They will be motivated by a desire to help businesses achieve their goals and be comfortable with multiple ongoing projects.
- An extensive suite of evolving application development tools that companies use to develop powerful enterprise applications and mobile apps.
- Loyal, enthusiastic customers who appreciate our role as their technology partner.
- A positive, vibrant culture that promotes creativity and autonomy.
- A seasoned and uber-talented team.
- A comprehensive benefits package that includes an employer-matched 401K; 11 paid holidays, 12 vacation days (to start), and 9 sick days.
- Recruit, interview, hire, coach, assess and terminate employees
- Enforce quality customer service
- Mentor and train employees
- Keep staff motivated
- Utilize project management skills of leadership, communication, presentation, time management, organization and planning to achieve client’s goals and advance their software applications.
- Balance time, money and scope of projects and prioritizes tasks to ensure timely execution of projects from start to finish.
- Manage all project resources (Synergex internal, external, and client) to perform tasks according to plan; sets expectations concerning deliverability, performance, maintenance, design and costs.
- Conduct periodic status checks with customers and team to assess progress against the plan.
- Perform re-forecasts of project variables as necessary throughout project.
- Prepare regular status reports on all project activities and issues.
- All consultants may be assigned, and required to carry out, additional duties at any time.
- Any person driving for Synergex must maintain a valid driver's license on their person, and demonstrate compliance with motor vehicle law, standards of courtesy on the road, and attention to safety. All drivers must maintain their insurability.
- Consultants with a known disability will only be assigned additional duties when the duty is being added as an essential function of the position, or can be carried out without reasonable accommodation, or as such accommodation is provided.
Required Technical Expertise
- Working knowledge of project management techniques and procedures including Waterfall and Agile/Scrum. Professional certification preferred.
- Working knowledge of project management tools such as Microsoft DevOps and Atlassian Suite.
Desired, not required:
- Knowledge of Synergy/DE products
- Knowledge of the operating system platforms on which Synergy/DE can be deployed, e.g. .NET, Windows, OpenVMS and Linux.
- Knowledge of non-Synergy/DE software development products (e.g., Visual Studio, C#, Java, SQL, Web-development tools and Source Code Management tools).
- The ideal candidate will be able to work primarily from the office with 20% travel to client sites.
- Must be self-motivated with good communication skills and the ability to deal with customers on a professional level.
Employment Status: Full Time
Location: Gold River